Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds

Notices

Tickkid

Old August 4th, 2020, 06:52 PM
So I bought the Gadget Guides Data Package today. One of the reasons I bought it was because I couldn't figure out how to make a garotte in hero lab, and I was like "sweet, now I'll just be able to load it" - but it is still missing in Hero Lab - can't find it anywhere, and I can't seem to figure out how to make it. Anyone dealt with either of these issues?
Tickkid is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 5th, 2020, 04:10 AM
You catch me on vacation, so I can't bring up the program right now, but go into the Editor and Add a Copy of something similar like the Sash Whip. You will not be able to directly edit that entry since it's from a supplement, but you can use it for reference. Now either copy one of the regular melee weapons, and start copying relevant traits.
Duggan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Tickkid

Old August 7th, 2020, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
You catch me on vacation, so I can't bring up the program right now, but go into the Editor and Add a Copy of something similar like the Sash Whip. You will not be able to directly edit that entry since it's from a supplement, but you can use it for reference. Now either copy one of the regular melee weapons, and start copying relevant traits.
Great idea, thank you.
Tickkid is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Tickkid

Old August 7th, 2020, 07:47 PM
Quote:
That worked perfectly. Just took from Bolos and changed a few things around. And it was a neat view into the editor which I hadn't done before. Thanks again.
Tickkid is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 9th, 2020, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickkid View Post
That worked perfectly. Just took from Bolos and changed a few things around. And it was a neat view into the editor which I hadn't done before. Thanks again.
Ah, thank you. I was going to check on whether that had worked for you. Copying existing powers is probably the easiest way to get insight into how things are done. Running through the Authoring Kit walkthrough is even more eye-opening, but can also lead to frustration when you realize just how many things you cannot change without access to the source files that would be a breeze with them.
Duggan is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Tickkid

Old August 16th, 2020, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Ah, thank you. I was going to check on whether that had worked for you. Copying existing powers is probably the easiest way to get insight into how things are done. Running through the Authoring Kit walkthrough is even more eye-opening, but can also lead to frustration when you realize just how many things you cannot change without access to the source files that would be a breeze with them.
I'm going to start running through that now - I didn't even think about it. Thanks again.
Tickkid is offline   #6 Reply With Quote