Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 19th, 2016, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyahr View Post
Damage Reduction /Evil or Cold Iron incorrectly reads as "Damage Reduction x/Good or Cold Iron." The summary is correct, but the actual name is wrong.
No such DR exists in the CORE d20 files I have a "Damage Reduction, Good or Cold Iron" but not evil. It must exist in the community files.

I checked and this is an issue in the community files on Thingid.xDamRdEvCI.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; December 19th, 2016 at 11:29 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #71
Illyahr

Old December 19th, 2016, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
No such DR exists in the CORE d20 files I have a "Damage Reduction, Good or Cold Iron" but not evil. It must exist in the community files.

I checked and this is an issue in the community files on Thingid.xDamRdEvCI.
Ah, ok. Wasn't sure which one this fell under.
Illyahr is offline   #72
ShadowChemosh

Old December 19th, 2016, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Ah, ok. Wasn't sure which one this fell under.
One good way to find out is to right click on something to get the Unique ID. Then use a simple text search tool (I use TextPad or Notepad++) to search the d20 folder. If the ThingID is found then its from the community. If its not then its core.

In example searching for "xDamRdEvCI" I found:
Code:
3.5 - Monster Manual 1.user(14242): <bootstrap thing="xDamRdEvCI"></bootstrap>
3.5 - Monster Manual 1.user(14251): #applydr[xDamRdEvCI, 10]
Custom - Universal Specials.user(2432): <thing id="xDamRdEvCI" name="Damage Reduction, Evil or Cold Iron" description="You have Damage Reduction against all except Evil or Cold Iron attacks." compset="Special" uniqueness="unique">
Found 3 occurrence(s) in 2 file(s)

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #73
Sendric

Old December 20th, 2016, 04:17 AM
Quote:
I looked into this and I can't find this in the core files. I checked the community files and found:

Code:
3.5 - Spell Compendium.user(7368): <tag group="sRange" tag="Unlimited" name="See Text" abbrev="{ref s_Unlim}Unl{ref}"/>
3.5 - Spell Compendium.user(8690): <tag group="sRange" tag="Unlimited" name="See Text" abbrev="{ref s_Unlim}Unl{ref}"/>
3.5 - Spell Compendium.user(8715): <tag group="sRange" tag="Unlimited" name="See Text" abbrev="{ref s_Unlim}Unl{ref}"/>
3.5 - Spell Compendium.user(10150): <tag group="sRange" tag="Unlimited" name="See Text" abbrev="{ref s_Unlim}Unl{ref}"/>
On the same safe side all tag group should ONLY have group and tag no name or abbrev elements in the XML. These usually appear when you have done a 'duplicate' using the editor. For Pathfinder community stuff I strip all name/abbrev elements out so you don't have this exact issue.

If you do need to add new dynamic tag I keep a central file that contains them so less issues if you do want to make a change.

Just some FYI info...
Thanks, Shadow. I actually saw those myself, and removed them but the error didn't go away. I then went to my "core-only" folder and the problem was still there. Attached here is what I'm seeing when I take a look at the tags on the core spells after doing a New (Copy). Some of the spells I looked at are:

sBrd50002
sSor50009
sWiz50009
sPFClr4000
sPFDrd4000
sClr60025
sDrd80010
sPFRMA5005
sPFClr5001
sPFPal4001
Attached Images
File Type: png range-unlimited.png (300.8 KB, 2 views)
Sendric is offline   #74
Sendric

Old December 20th, 2016, 04:20 AM
Quote:
Damage Reduction /Evil or Cold Iron incorrectly reads as "Damage Reduction x/Good or Cold Iron." The summary is correct, but the actual name is wrong.
Fixed for the next release.
Sendric is offline   #75
ShadowChemosh

Old December 20th, 2016, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Thanks, Shadow. I actually saw those myself, and removed them but the error didn't go away. I then went to my "core-only" folder and the problem was still there. Attached here is what I'm seeing when I take a look at the tags on the core spells after doing a New (Copy). Some of the spells I looked at are:

sBrd50002
sSor50009
sWiz50009
sPFClr4000
sPFDrd4000
sClr60025
sDrd80010
sPFRMA5005
sPFClr5001
sPFPal4001
It looks like I fixed this at some point because I checked these specific spells today in v5.9 and they don't have that See Text issue.

Thanks for the report and this is fixed.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #76
Sendric

Old December 20th, 2016, 04:12 PM
Quote:
It looks like I fixed this at some point because I checked these specific spells today in v5.9 and they don't have that See Text issue.

Thanks for the report and this is fixed.
my favorite kinds of fixes.
Sendric is offline   #77
ShadowChemosh

Old January 10th, 2017, 07:42 PM
Can't control the sticky thread but wanted to get the 5.8 release notes out to everyone.

V5.8
Special thanks to Kendall-DM and Sendric for their additions and quality testing in this release!

Enhancements & Changes
  • Race, Alignment, and Deity selection have been moved to the new "Background" tab. Your race and class information will now display to the right of your character name before HP and AC.
  • Deities have come to d20! Using the editor the community can enter deities. These are now selected on the new "Background" tab. Please note that if you do not have any custom deities in a .user file that the ability to select a deity is hidden and a simple text box to enter the deities name will be shown..
  • Spells A to D have been updated with full details (ie Range, Target, Effect, Area, Focus Component, Material Component, and XP Cost) from the SRD. Special Thanks to Kendall-DM for inputting all these spells!
  • The Magic tab now has a "- Add Custom Wand -" item that lets you add any type of magic wand with a customized number of charges.
  • The "- Add Custom Scroll -" has been changed with helpful header text for "Cost/Caster Level" just like the Custom Wand has.
  • Magic Item description information will better match the layout in the 3.5 Magic Item Compendium. This includes matching to its Body Slot names.
  • All wands in d20 now display the full spell text and caster level. Community wands will need to be updated (See Data File Authoring section for how).
Bug Fixes
  • When a class had spell-like abilities without spells the "Spells" tab was not displaying. In example a level 1 paladin with Detect Evil spell-like abliity.
  • Spell-like abilities were not displaying on the "spells" summary tab.
  • Specific Armor that only have "Activated Abilities" and not "Tracked Resources" will now once again display on the In-Play tab.
  • Specific Armor was not showing any error/warning messages in the selection list.
  • "Dropped to Ground" will no longer change it's size depending on the race.
  • Adding a metamagic spell to a scroll will no longer cause an error box to display.
  • Double weapons when equipped with the "Both" check box was not getting the 1.5x strength bonus.
  • Obsoleted spells that display on old characters where not printing to character sheet. Obsolete spells will now print to the character sheet again.
Data File Authoring
  • New editor tab "General->Deity" added allowing the entry of community and custom deities. Once you have added new custom deity restart HL and the ability to select your deity will appear on the new Background tab.
  • How domain spells are linked to domains has changed but the old way will continue to work. The old way was to link a spell to a domain which made it hard to add new custom domains because it required the spell to be changed. Now to make things easier you define which spell is associated to a domain on the "Class->Cleric Domain" tab using the new button called "Domain Spells".
  • New tag "Hero.HasSpLike" (Hero has spell-like abilities) is now applied to the hero when a character has Spell-like abilities that display on the Spells tab.
  • Updated the following editor tabs to use the new standard wording of "Tracked Resources" and "Activated Abilities" text of the In-Play tab: Custom Ability; Trait; Flaw; Skill Trick; Ring; Rod; Wondrous; Weapon, Magic; Armor, Magic; and Gear.
  • Updated the "Equipment->Wands" editor tab with the "Append Spell Info" button allowing setting the referenced spell text (SpInfo.?) onto the wand.
  • Adding SpInfo.? tag to Wands will cause the full spell text to display.
  • Changed the Body Slot (magic item slot) tag "names" but not the actual tags. In example why it displays "Arms" now the tag is still "EqpWrist".
  • Made script timing changes for the "Weapon Proficiency - All" feats from First/100 to First/10000. This allows them to be used with Bootstrap Conditions.
  • All races now automatically generate a Race.? tag on BaseRace which is pushed to the Hero. This allows an easy way to test for specific race.
  • Added the #hasrace[] Macro that can be used to test if a specific Race has been selected/chosen. In example to see if a Dwarf race has been selected you would do #hasrace[rDwarf] = 1.
  • Added the new tag Helper.NoRootName. This is used when you bootstrap a Natural Attack to a Class Special the "Class Special" name gets appended to the Natural Attack name. By setting the tag Helper.NoRootName on the Natural Attack Weapon it will not get appended with additional text.
  • Added a check mark in the editor on the "Magic->Spells" tab for "Arcane Focus". This adds the Helper.SplFocArca to the spell and will cause the wording of "Arcane Focus:" to appear in the spell description.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #78
Dami

Old January 12th, 2017, 07:32 PM
Exorbitant (but warranted) thanks to ShadowChemosh for custom Deity support!
I'm working through my user file to fine tune it for d20 now that I know what tags I can use, etc. I've got a little over 100 Deities for the Greyhawk Setting (Human, Demi-Human and Humanoid) that are nearly ready to be sent to Sendric for the Community Files.

Last edited by Dami; January 13th, 2017 at 02:00 PM.
Dami is offline   #79
Dami

Old January 13th, 2017, 02:02 PM
SC: I remembered a post you made much earlier about how Deities/Domains were going to work and I kept a copy of it to use now. I've got my Race.Elf tags active (instead of Race.rElf) for allowed race which lets my Half-Elf test character choose such a Deity - but they aren't able to choose a "Human" deity the same way. It looks like the hero only has a human subtype tag. Have I missed something or do I have to put "Half-Elf" as allowed race on all my Human deities? (Or subtype Human as well as Human)

Secondly, is there is a way to sort the Deities by "Race" or "Deity category"?

Last edited by Dami; January 13th, 2017 at 02:53 PM. Reason: More detail
Dami is offline   #80
Closed Thread