Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

aejrussin

Old August 13th, 2020, 01:28 PM
Hi Lone Wolf folks, been buying and using your Pathfinder products for years and have been foraying into HLO to start playing Starfinder through quarantine. I was only using it for character creation for my players, but just last night we dug into using Scene and Tactical Mode and are IN LOVE with it. We've been getting really into tracking resources for Book 2 of Threefold and it's been a godsend.

We use Roll20 as a VTT, but now we won't need it's dice roller. The only problem is that as a GM I need to have the map open, but flip through several panels in the same tab. Am I missing something? What do other people do? Is there any way I can open the dice history as its own window? If not, would love to see this as a feature ASAP. To me, it's as essential as the map to see dice as it's really what describes the action.

Here's a customer story: As a GM or Player, I want to be able to see the dice history at all times, preferably in its own window that I can move around to another screen, so I can always keep track of the action while I'm adjusting my character, or looking through the Tactical Mode.

Second, if it's not possible, do you have a recommended VTT to use? Or are there any plans for a barebones token/map VTT?
aejrussin is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 13th, 2020, 07:46 PM
Allowing the dice roll history to be split out into a separate tab/window has now been added to the Book of Infinite Tasks. I'm not sure when you can expect to see, but it's definitely now on the list. And it's an excellent suggestion.

As for VTTs, we don't have any plans to roll our own, as there are some solid options already available. We focus on the crunch and let the VTTs focus on the maps. You'll find some other threads on these forums that discuss some of the pros and cons of different VTTs, and there are extensive reviews and comparative analyses of the major tools readily searchable on the internet.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Jamz

Old August 14th, 2020, 06:47 AM
I had made a similar request in another thread and second this. As a player it's fine. But as a GM, the Dice Roller shares a useful tab and I'm constantly flipping around to roll secret skill rolls for players and seeing the results (I use the stage view on the right to roll usually)

A pop out may not be bad idea, although I suppose I could just open another tab to HLO and move that around as needed ? (I'll give that a try tonight)

^^ Which now makes be ask, it would be great if I could use my phone to log into HLO at the same time as my PC, if only to use it as a dice roller log view. It's the perfect screen/format/use for my phone! I also have a Surface Pro I could use for more screen space but have the same multi-login issue. Maybe we could have a "view only" log in option or something? That way GM's could use laptop+pc+phone for stage views, dice history, PC views, etc?

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #3 Reply With Quote