Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Senko

Old January 26th, 2022, 09:25 PM
I'm trying to make an item that has 3 charges a day and 2 spells that can be used. Use spell A and it consumes a charge, use spell B and it consumes a second one.

I've got most of this working spells, charges per day etc but I can't seem to link them. That is if I look at the item on a character I see . . .

Under "tracked resources"
<0/3> Item (3/day)
Under "In Play" - "Tracked Resources"
0/3 item (3/day)

then further down under "In Play" - "Item Spells"
0/3 Beastspeak
0/3 Non-Detection

Which is where I hit my issue I can't figure out how to link the 0/3 of item spells to the 0/3 of tracked resources so when I increase the tracked resource value it affects item uses but no spells like so . . .

<1/3> Item (3/day)
1/3 item (3/day)

0/3 Beastspeak
0/3 Non-Detection

Whereas what I want is . . .

<1/3> Item (3/day)
1/3 item (3/day)

1/3 Beastspeak
1/3 Non-Detection

I know it can be done as the wands function like this but I can't see any special scripting in them I can adapt to do this. So can anyone explain to me how I can set it up so the spell count increases along with the tracked resources?
Senko is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 27th, 2022, 07:34 AM
The better analogy is staff spells, or even more like your example, the "Heavenly Aegis Ring", which has 2 spells and a shared pool of charges to cast them - the ChargeUse tag group.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
Senko

Old January 27th, 2022, 11:50 AM
Those both have the same issue. They have two values e.g. for heavenly aegis ring its . . .

0/10 Heavenly Aegis Ring

0/1 Holy Smite
0/10 Magic Circle against evil

increasing the usage under tracked resources and abilities does not affect the item spells e.g. increasing usage to 10 gets you . . .

10/10 Heavenly Aegis Ring

0/1 Holy Smite
0/10 Magic Circle against evil

unless I'm misunderstanding something and the value next to spells is never meant to change?
Senko is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 27th, 2022, 02:14 PM
Could you use screenshots, please, rather than text? I'm having trouble understanding what you're trying to show.

You're also not specific about which item you are "increasing the usage" on - the way you're writing it, it looks as though you're marking off charges on the ring, rather than casting the spells directly.
Mathias is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
Senko

Old January 27th, 2022, 04:29 PM
Sorry I'm not being clear, attached two screenshots showing what I'm talking about. The black circles are around the tracked resources that change together e.g. change the 6 in tracked resources to 4 and and its reflected in the inplay one on the right. The one that never changes from a zero is the one in the red circle for each spell sepcifically. Image 3 shows the two relevant in place values in close up and you can see the item charges used are showing 6 but the two spells still show 0/1 and 0/10 respectively. That 0 never seems to change regardless of what I do.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image 1.jpg (264.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Image 2.jpg (270.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: png Image 3.png (149.4 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by Senko; January 27th, 2022 at 04:32 PM.
Senko is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 28th, 2022, 07:54 AM
All of those screenshots show the in-play tab. Are you only changing the number of charges used on the ring itself? What happens when you change the number of charges used on one of the spells - that should change the ring's charges, too, and should alter the other spell as well.
Mathias is online now   #6 Reply With Quote
Senko

Old January 28th, 2022, 09:14 PM
Ohhhh I've never even noticed that equiping these items creates a "spells tab" seperate from the tracked resources. Thank you so much for your help, I'll see if I can get my item to work with that one thanks.

EDIT
Got it working now I know how that works, thanks again for your patience and help.

Last edited by Senko; January 28th, 2022 at 09:24 PM.
Senko is offline   #7 Reply With Quote