Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

wilcoxon

Old April 21st, 2010, 09:52 PM
That's interesting. From what I remember, when my DDI subscription was inactive, I wasn't able to get anything useful on the Compendium - I thought any data besides just the raw list of items (with no game data) required a login? If you cancel your DDI subscription, you can also keep using the DDI Character Builder (just not get any more updates for it).

I'll have to check again when I re-cancel my DDI sub.
wilcoxon is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 21st, 2010, 09:58 PM
I haven't tried this in awhile, but that's how it worked before. It's possible things have changed with DDI. Colen is the expert on this stuff, so I'll point him at this thread and ask him to provide updated info on this detail.
rob is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 22nd, 2010, 10:25 AM
Without a D&DI subscription, the information you can download is limited. There's enough for you to get a feel how the product works - I believe the core classes, powers and feats from the PHB are all available without a subscription, for example - but other information (like weapon damage, or most magic item details) isn't there.

As mentioned on previous pages, if you ran the downloader with a valid login before cancelling your subscription, you can keep using that data in Hero Lab indefinitely.
Colen is offline   #13 Reply With Quote