Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Sendric

Old June 5th, 2017, 03:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by draco963 View Post
Thank-you for the [wFixDamage] idea. In my searching, I came across this post.
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...emental+damage
I think they might be aiming at the same idea and I could maybe combine them? Like, could there be a way to ask HL for the BAB of the PC holding the weapon, and insert that into the text string?
That thread is talking about adding a specific amount of damage to an item, which is what the wFixDamage field is for. In this case, you want that damage to be more versatile. In theory, it is possible, but weapon damage is handled through tags, so you would need to create a long script that cycled through the weapons tags and adjusted accordingly. Historically, what I've done is put the additional damage in the weapon name. It's far easier, and perfectly functional until the d20 system gets upgraded.

For the record, you would need to search for the wMain.? tag to determine the weapon's base damage. Then you would want to search for things like Helper.DamageUp/DamageDown, whether it's being held in main, off, or both, and probably some other tags that I'm not thinking of. As you go through, you would need to set a variable, and then at the end use that variable to set wFixDamage.

At least, that's the only way I know to do it. Perhaps someone smarter has a better idea.
Sendric is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
draco963

Old June 7th, 2017, 05:35 PM
Ouch.

um... Ya, that's waaay too complicated for the scope of what I want to achieve. And, it still wouldn't provide the right result... Part of the problem is that the additional damage is tied to both the level of the PC and whether or not the ritual for the weapon has been achieved.

I'll list the level-dependant elemental damage as a weapon special, that way it'll at least show up on the character sheet.

Hopefully the d20 system gets that upgrade soon(ish). I guess I'll have to start paying attention to the changelogs!

Thank-you for all your help, Sendric!
draco963 is offline   #12 Reply With Quote