Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

AEIOU

Old January 8th, 2015, 10:02 AM
To build on @meek75's response, using CTRL-D for an attached GM snippet is great for keeping info like traps or GM notes on a magic item or or or or.... What the players see and what the GM knows are often very different and this keeps them together.

If I have a room description, I want the GM verbiage on bottom. This is the traditional module presentation since the dawn of time.

If I have a trap or item, I want the GM verbiage on top. I want it to grab my eye and notify me that something needs to be read before I talk to the players.
AEIOU is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old January 8th, 2015, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
If I have a room description, I want the GM verbiage on bottom. This is the traditional module presentation since the dawn of time.
And since the dawn of time I have personally thought this was outright wrong. I for the life of me cannot understand why the important GM notes needed **BEFORE** the reading of the info or letting the PCs do anything was not right at the top, a big "HEY READ ME FIRST" bit of info. Nothing worse than allowing players to open a door, enter room then to find out that 8 paragraphs below the player text box it states "There us a trap on the door...." <smack>

Inform the GM of important stuff should be first if needed to be known first, and the rest after.

This is exactly How I have setup my encounters, the "Overview" is what the GMs need to know about a room/cave/area/whatever before anything happens, The description is for the player info, and any required GM notes for after its read.

The GM notes attached to each and ever snippet in any other of the sections. Just wish this could be both top or bottom, but its not end of world dealio or anything.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old January 8th, 2015, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exmortis View Post
Inform the GM of important stuff should be first if needed to be known first, and the rest after.
I completely agree!

The GM directions should be the first thing encountered.

An option to choose either way could work (to each his own), but if we have only one way of doing it, GM directions should be on top.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
meek75

Old January 9th, 2015, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargr View Post
I completely agree!

The GM directions should be the first thing encountered.

An option to choose either way could work (to each his own), but if we have only one way of doing it, GM directions should be on top.
I'm not suggesting we change it to being only on bottom, just that we have the option. I only mentioned it because it seems (to my very limited understanding) it should be an easy thing to allow for both.
meek75 is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
MaxSupernova

Old January 9th, 2015, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meek75 View Post
it should be an easy thing to allow for both.
MaxSupernova is offline   #15 Reply With Quote