Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

AEIOU

Old October 15th, 2016, 08:19 AM
Quote:
There will be a number of additional updates forthcoming in the weeks ahead. These updates will outline the new editions and delve into further detail regarding the new features and enhancements you can expect.
Are these updates really updates? Or maybe announcements of updates? Maybe just announcements? Or a spattering of announcements with accompanying updates? Are editions updates? Or frameworks upon which updates happen? I think I understand what features and enhancements are but I am not even going to guess want to think about what we expect as that's a whole different box of pandoras.

Stay tuned. These mysteries and much, much more will soon be revealed.

AEIOU is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old October 15th, 2016, 01:07 PM
+10 for those updates. ;P

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old October 15th, 2016, 01:30 PM
Is it safe to assume that present owners of RW will get the highest level of the edition system? We won't need to upgrade our copies to get full functionality?
kbs666 is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old October 15th, 2016, 01:52 PM
(Assumptions)
I guess RW functionality is same for all. The difference seems to be the level of "server access"? That's what I thought at least

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 15th, 2016, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
Is it safe to assume that present owners of RW will get the highest level of the edition system? We won't need to upgrade our copies to get full functionality?
Yes! Our focus is on introducing lower-priced options for users who don't want all the bells and whistles - and accompanying complexity. All existing users will automatically get access to all the new features we're introducing.
rob is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 15th, 2016, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acenoid View Post
(Assumptions)
I guess RW functionality is same for all. The difference seems to be the level of "server access"? That's what I thought at least
There will be different levels of Server Access corresponding to the different editions of the product. More limited versions of Realm Works will place a lighter load on the server, so the cost will be appropriately reduced.
rob is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old October 15th, 2016, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
There will be different levels of Server Access corresponding to the different editions of the product. More limited versions of Realm Works will place a lighter load on the server, so the cost will be appropriately reduced.
So, just to be clear from what I am seeing in the flow...
  • There will be different "editions" of RealmWorks.
  • Different editions will have different features (higher-tier editions adding more features to what is in lower-tier editions)
  • Different editions will require different levels of server access, according to the features in them.
Silveras is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 15th, 2016, 05:22 PM
Correct. Right now, we have the GM Edition and Player Edition. The GM Edition will be getting a new name, and there will be new flavors added without all the features. Each will have its own, corresponding tier of Server Access.

We'll be detailing all this in future updates, so you'll need to wait a little bit for those updates and all the details.
rob is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old October 15th, 2016, 06:05 PM
I want to lobby for the lifetime subscription tier be renamed the Grand Poohbah edition. And it should be mocha flavored.
AEIOU is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
nodice

Old October 15th, 2016, 09:35 PM
Congrats on nearing completion on another update cycle LWD team!

Nothing that I've been waiting for this time round, but still great to see how much thought you guys are giving it all!

Also, as I read your editions thing, I was thinking you were going to introduce at least one higher end purchase option (higher than any currently around) which you might have used as a way to gauge customer willingness to pay for some of the 'flashier' extra options that we've been waiting for.

I know it doesnt really work like this, and someone will kill me for saying it anyway, but I would easily pay an extra $100-200 for a deluxe edition if it meant I might get to use it sooner (and Im unemployed and poor, lol)

On that note, I wonder if anyone has ever thought of doing something like a 'feature backer' system where once some of the main suggestions which arent in the immediate pipeline have been identified and assessed, you could give people the option of chipping in to help fund the development of the specific features they want. (I know its probably fraught with management risks, it was just a thought!)

Anyway thankyou to LWD dev team and grats to all who are getting their 'Christmas' this update!
nodice is offline   #30 Reply With Quote