Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Aaron

Old November 7th, 2013, 04:36 PM
A Disclaimer: This is kinda hacky, and I don't recommend doing this as a rule. If we ever shift the phase or priority of the eval rule, it might break the following workaround.

It looks like the eval rule runs in the Validation Phase, at Priority 20000. So, make your eval script which deletes the tag (the one ShadowChemosh helped you with) happen shortly before that. Say Validation 19900.

Now try adding a second eval that runs shortly after the eval rule, say at Validation 20100. You should have a handle on deleting tags from the example above, and assigning them works much the same. It uses the "assign" command, like so:

Code:
~ Add dead god tag to the hero
perform hero.assign[DeityCat.DeadGod]
Give that a try, and hopefully that'll get things working. I haven't really messed around or tested the above, but the theory is sound, I think.
Aaron is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
CorzatTheGray

Old November 7th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobe00 View Post
You Lone Wolf guys need to learn how to actually answer questions as opposed to dismissing them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
But wanted to address what you said here as I have to say its 100% not true. Aaron and Mathias work very hard to answer questions here and in the bug reports. If sometimes they are short with an answer its not them being rude but being very busy. LW is a very small company and they do allot each and every day.
I just wanted to reiterate what Shadow said here.

In just mostly lurking on the boards and soaking up the knowledge of the program to be found here I'm continually amazed by the info shared and the speed in which a reply is given to questions by the LW staff. Aaron and Mathias are constantly monitoring the forums and on several occasions I've seen a very detailed response to a challenging question from them sometimes in under 10 minutes, even under 5 minutes in some cases, from the timestamp of the initial post.

I'm not sure about the makeup of the hierarchy of Lone Wolf but I get the feeling that when Colen or Rob chime in you know you've gotten the attention of the higher ups of the company as well.

These guys are all about helping out their costumers, and for that I tip my hat to you sirs!

Oh, and don't want to forget about Liz either!

So, again, please cut the guys a little slack... it could be worse, they could have not answered at all.

And if that ever happens, just sic Shadow on them to smack 'em across the head with his Core Rule Book. (I hear he does that sort of thing...)
CorzatTheGray is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Jobe00

Old November 7th, 2013, 08:13 PM
The one-two punch in the eval scripts worked perfectly.

The feat works as described in the book.

Good job, guys.
Jobe00 is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 7th, 2013, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorzatTheGray View Post
And if that ever happens, just sic Shadow on them to smack 'em across the head with his Core Rule Book. (I hear he does that sort of thing...)
I have no idea what your talking about! *quickly tries to hide the core rule book behind his back*

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old November 8th, 2013, 09:44 AM
ShadowChemosh can be pretty fearsome. It's the eyes.

The terrible EYES...
Aaron is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Jobe00

Old November 8th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Got another feat with an odd thing.

Craven from Champions of Ruin.
You get to add your character level to Sneak Attack damage.
The feat has a couple requirements and gives a penalty to saves versus fear, but I got those done using other feats with similar effects for the basis.

Is there a way to script it to have the flat character level damage bonus show up with the Sneak Attack dice in the Specials tab ala "Sneak Attack +xd6+y?"
Jobe00 is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 9th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobe00 View Post
Is there a way to script it to have the flat character level damage bonus show up with the Sneak Attack dice in the Specials tab ala "Sneak Attack +xd6+y?"
So if you do a "New Copy" against the Sneak Attack Class Ability you can view the scripts. We see that the script at Render/10000 it sets the livename:
Code:
field[livename].text = "Sneak Attack +" & field[abValue].value & "d6"
So with this idea we can modify the livename again after Render/10000 to add your additional Plus Level damage:
Render/10100
Code:
~ If this feat has the disable tag, get out now!
doneif (tagis[Helper.FtDisable] <> 0)
~ If the Sneak Attack class special is not live than get out now!
doneif (hero.childlives[cSneakAtt] <> 1)

~ Calculate the characters total level using the level macro
field[abValue].value += #totallevelcount[]

~ We need to append level damage to sneak attack class special LiveName.
hero.child[cSneakAtt].field[livename].text &= "+" & field[abValue].value
The above script would go on to your feat at Render/10100 and will only run if its not disabled and the Sneak Attack class ability is actually present. Then in example at level 1 the livename of the ability is "Sneak Attack +1d6" so we simply add to that name making it "Sneak Attack +1d6+1".

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Jobe00

Old November 9th, 2013, 09:19 PM
Works beautifully.
Jobe00 is offline   #18 Reply With Quote