Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Closed Thread

Cullyn

Send a message via AIM to Cullyn Send a message via Yahoo to Cullyn

Old September 2nd, 2012, 08:33 AM
Not to sound like a pest (which is always said right before someone starts being a pest) but any ETA on when the bestiary files will be complete for Shards of Sin, the first book in the new Shattered Star AP (#61)? I'm actually going to be starting to run this in a couple of weeks and having these files would save me a ton of time.

Random aside, great site and giant kudos to all the work everyone puts in. As a father of 5 I can appreciate the time it takes to do all that work and I deeply appreciate the effort put forth by the community to save the likes of me time and effort.
Cullyn is offline   #251
ValaraukarU

Old September 2nd, 2012, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullyn View Post
Not to sound like a pest (which is always said right before someone starts being a pest) but any ETA on when the bestiary files will be complete for Shards of Sin, the first book in the new Shattered Star AP (#61)? I'm actually going to be starting to run this in a couple of weeks and having these files would save me a ton of time.
If no one has started working on Shattered Star I suppose I could make time to add them. So has anyone else already started?
ValaraukarU is offline   #252
Cullyn

Send a message via AIM to Cullyn Send a message via Yahoo to Cullyn

Old September 2nd, 2012, 11:03 AM
Thanks for the quick response. If you could take the time I would deeply appreciate it. I'd even name a kid after you, but honestly, someone should just take me out back and shoot me if I attempt to have a 6th kid.
Cullyn is offline   #253
MarkNorfolk

Old September 2nd, 2012, 02:44 PM
It seems I have some clashing data files. I use the Saurian and Ratkin files from the Cheeseweasel site, as well as the Dragonrider file that came with the SGG pdf. Now, everything is fine until I add the Community data set. Then I get this message on starting Pathfinder:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

File: PFRPG_Sources.1st (line 4) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('pSGG')

Then when I load a portfolio of a Saurian pc (for example) I get this:

Errors were encountered when loading the saved portfolio! A record of these errors can be found in the file "C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\hero_lab_load_is sues.log". If you notice incorrect behaviors in your portfolio, please report it to the data file authors (you can contact them from the Help menu).

One or more required sources are not accessible for hero 'Cyluss'. Subsequent errors may be the result of this problem.
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Tome of Secrets'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Dragonrider'
Pick 'rSaurian' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '401'

A shame as I'm running the Kingmaker AP at present...

Cheers
Mark
MarkNorfolk is offline   #254
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 3rd, 2012, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValaraukarU View Post
If no one has started working on Shattered Star I suppose I could make time to add them. So has anyone else already started?
No one has mentioned it to me and no one has put anything into dropbox for this AP. So you may wish to drop a PM to Frumple to double check as sometimes he is working on stuff but does not check these boards allot.

If you do this ValraukarU if you could create any new .user files and especially the .por files from a version of Pathfinder that has ONLY the Community Bestiary. This is pretty easy to setup and if you don't know how I can give instructions. The reason is it will help prevent you from grabbing Things on bootstraps that don't exist in the CB or creating duplicate of Things already in the CB. For the .por file it will SO prevent extra error messages to gamers and prevent support emails to me.

In example one of the editors had the Modern Data set where he created the .por files for the CB and so when 90% of everyone opens them they get a huge list of warnings about Missing Picks from the Modern Data set. This is very frustrating and confusing for new users of HL.

This is what I mean by having multiple Pathfinder Data sets:
Image1.jpg

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; September 3rd, 2012 at 12:36 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #255
ShadowChemosh

Old September 3rd, 2012, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkNorfolk View Post
It seems I have some clashing data files. I use the Saurian and Ratkin files from the Cheeseweasel site, as well as the Dragonrider file that came with the SGG pdf. Now, everything is fine until I add the Community data set. Then I get this message on starting Pathfinder:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

File: PFRPG_Sources.1st (line 4) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('pSGG')
You have an old version of my Shadow d20 house rules data set. The older versions don't play well together with the community addons. Personally with the amount of changes/house rules in that data set I never advise people to use it for anything other than ideas and script examples.

So go to "Tools->Manage Third Party Updates" and in the new window tell it to delete "Shadow d20" data set. Then reload the latest version of the Community Bestiary.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #256
ValaraukarU

Old September 3rd, 2012, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
No one has mentioned it to me and no one has put anything into dropbox for this AP. So you may wish to drop a PM to Frumple to double check as sometimes he is working on stuff but does not check these boards allot.

If you do this ValraukarU if you could create any new .user files and especially the .por files from a version of Pathfinder that has ONLY the Community Bestiary. This is pretty easy to setup and if you don't know how I can give instructions. The reason is it will help prevent you from grabbing Things on bootstraps that don't exist in the CB or creating duplicate of Things already in the CB. For the .por file it will SO prevent extra error messages to gamers and prevent support emails to me.

In example one of the editors had the Modern Data set where he created the .por files for the CB and so when 90% of everyone opens them they get a huge list of warnings about Missing Picks from the Modern Data set. This is very frustrating and confusing for new users of HL.

This is what I mean by having multiple Pathfinder Data sets:
Attachment 1552
I have multiple PF data sets already so that is not an issue. I was planning on putting shattered star completely in its own user, stock and por and if you wanted to merge them you can so I don't have to worry about you puzzling through what is new.
ValaraukarU is offline   #257
MarkNorfolk

Old September 4th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Quote:
You have an old version of my Shadow d20 house rules data set. The older versions don't play well together with the community addons. Personally with the amount of changes/house rules in that data set I never advise people to use it for anything other than ideas and script examples.

So go to "Tools->Manage Third Party Updates" and in the new window tell it to delete "Shadow d20" data set. Then reload the latest version of the Community Bestiary.
Shadow20 does is not on my Third Party Updates list...the only is 'Community Bestiary Package (V2.2, 153 files)'. What is Shadow20? The Tome of Secrets Stuff?

Cheers
Mark
MarkNorfolk is offline   #258
ShadowChemosh

Old September 4th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkNorfolk View Post
Shadow20 does is not on my Third Party Updates list...the only is 'Community Bestiary Package (V2.2, 153 files)'. What is Shadow20? The Tome of Secrets Stuff?

Cheers
Mark
As mentioned Shadow d20 is my house rules data set and is the only place where the file "PFRPG_Sources.1st" shows up. I assume you had to have loaded this somehow as some people have found it and added it. So I assume you did at some point also if not I am not sure how you got the file.

As nothing should be using that I would simply delete "PFRPG_Sources.1st" file. You can get the correct folder by going to "Tools->Explore Folders->Program Data Folder". Then reload the "Community Bestiary" and hopefully that should fix you up.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #259
MarkNorfolk

Old September 4th, 2012, 11:18 PM
Quote:
As mentioned Shadow d20 is my house rules data set and is the only place where the file "PFRPG_Sources.1st" shows up. I assume you had to have loaded this somehow as some people have found it and added it. So I assume you did at some point also if not I am not sure how you got the file.

As nothing should be using that I would simply delete "PFRPG_Sources.1st" file. You can get the correct folder by going to "Tools->Explore Folders->Program Data Folder". Then reload the "Community Bestiary" and hopefully that should fix you up.
Thanks very much....sorry for my dimness. But now I get this on opening Pathfinder...

File: PFRPG_SGG_Dragonrider.user (line 391) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('pS2wAcid')

....and whenb I open a Saurian I get this....

Errors were encountered when loading the saved portfolio! A record of these errors can be found in the file "C:\Users\MARK(E~1\AppData\Local\Temp\hero_lab_loa d_issues.log". If you notice incorrect behaviors in your portfolio, please report it to the data file authors (you can contact them from the Help menu).

One or more required sources are not accessible for hero 'Cyluss'. Subsequent errors may be the result of this problem.
Pick 'rSaurian' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '401'

....and Dragonrider and Tome of Secrets are still not options in the Configure Hero tick list.

Cheers
Mark
MarkNorfolk is offline   #260
Closed Thread