Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

Tannin

Old January 21st, 2021, 07:36 AM
Are you going to let those who paid for data in hero lab going to pay for the same data in HLO?
Tannin is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dacoobob

Old January 21st, 2021, 01:47 PM
no, that's not how it works. all your HLC data can be migrated, and any new data packages you buy in either HLC or HLO will be available in both.
dacoobob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old January 21st, 2021, 03:18 PM
It's worth noting here that you need to connect your Classic license with your HLO account. Otherwise, you will not see the migration pricing as an option.
mototom is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
WargamingR

Old February 22nd, 2021, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mototom View Post
It's worth noting here that you need to connect your Classic license with your HLO account. Otherwise, you will not see the migration pricing as an option.
I'm sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, and I appreciate you're a user rather than developer...

I have looked thru the forums and haven't been able to find out what the upgrade path from HL Classic (Mac desktop) to HL Online is, is there somewhere I can find this out please - my DM wants to play Pathfinder 2e and I can't find a desktop version anywhere

Thank you
WargamingR is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old February 22nd, 2021, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WargamingR View Post
I'm sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, and I appreciate you're a user rather than developer...

I have looked thru the forums and haven't been able to find out what the upgrade path from HL Classic (Mac desktop) to HL Online is, is there somewhere I can find this out please - my DM wants to play Pathfinder 2e and I can't find a desktop version anywhere

Thank you
There is not a desktop version of 2E only an online version. https://herolab.online
Toblakai is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old February 22nd, 2021, 04:41 PM
Quote:
...haven't been able to find out what the upgrade path from HL Classic (Mac desktop) to HL Online is, is there somewhere I can find this out please - my DM wants to play Pathfinder 2e and I can't find a desktop version anywhere
As said above, there is no desktop version for PF2. It's only available in HLO.

There is also no upgrade path from HLC to HLO per se, since the PF2 data packages are separate from PF1. You'd need to purchase an HLO subscription and the PF2 data packages. If your GM has the patron subscription, they can share their data packages with their players and the players would just need an apprentice subscription if they want to edit the characters.

There is an upgrade path for PF1; as discussed above, linking your HLC license to an HLO account allows you to sync accounts (for a $10 fee) and makes your PF1 data packages available in HLO AND HLC. You'll still need an active HLO subscription, however, if you don't already have one.
mototom is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old February 22nd, 2021, 05:58 PM
Quote:

Thank you
You should talk to your DM about how they want to use Herolab Online; if they intend to buy a Patron Account you will only need an Apprentice Account ($5 per 4 months) to make characters in their campaign with their data packages.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old February 23rd, 2021, 03:15 PM
Note that Pathfinder 2nd edition (PF2) is a different game from Pathfinder (1st edition, PF) in all senses of the word "different".

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #8 Reply With Quote