Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - World of Darkness
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Gryndehl

Old July 15th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Just got the new update, and skills are not printing on the charsheet anymore.
Gryndehl is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 15th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Yikes! I completed overhauled the character sheet stuff, so it's possible I broke something. However, everything is working perfectly on my end.

Just as a baseline reference, please try loading the "Becky Lynn Adler" sample character that will be found in the "WoD" folder beneath the default "Portfolios" folder. Then try printing her character sheet. Do the skills show up properly?

If so, then the problem is specific to the portfolio you are trying to print and/or the settings for that character. Please send a copy of that portfolio to me so I can investigate this further at "helpdesk at wolflair.com".

If it does *not* print properly, there is something more fundamental (and sinister) going on with your system. I'm not sure what that could be, so I'm going to hope that it's something specific to the portfolio. <fingers crossed>
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Gryndehl

Old July 16th, 2009, 08:52 PM
No joy with the sample character either.
Gryndehl is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 17th, 2009, 03:49 AM
Based on looking at the code for the character sheet, I can't see how this could be happening. :-(

The way the character sheet is laid out, various sections are positioned relative to other sections. So it's conceivable that a separate section is stuffed up that is causing a chain reaction. Could you please print the portfolio to a PDF file and post it here? Then I can see if there is something else amiss as well that could explain this issue.

Also, please go to the Configure Character form (under the Character menu) and tell me what settings are enabled for each character. There were some adjustments made to the settings internally that might have stuff things up if I messed them up somehow.

I really don't know what could be causing this, so I'm throwing out ideas in the hopes that your results will let me stumble on a clue that points me in the right direction.

Have you tried forcibly deleting and updating the game system data files? Under the Tools menu, delete the game system. [Note: If you have added custom material via the Editor, you must save it first, since this will delete your material.] Then use the Import Files option from the Tools menu. Navigate to the Download directory beneath where HL is installed and select the "wod.hl" file. This complete the import process. Does that help at all?

Let me know if any of these ideas yield useful information. I'll keep my fingers crossed that we can figure this out shortly....
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Gryndehl

Old July 26th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, things got kind of busy. I finally was able to take a look at this again. Turned out there was some new options under rules characters are created with that had rolls unchecked. I checked it and the rolls are showing up again. Also checked the one to put them on a seperate page, thanks for that (and I like it now shows what was added together to get the rolls).
Gryndehl is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 27th, 2009, 02:08 AM
OK, so it was the *rolls* that disappeared and *not* the skills, correct? If so, this change was intentional and flagged in the FAQ for the latest release of the WoD data files. With the addition of the separate sheet of rolls, including rolls on the first page as well was largely redundant and therefore disabled.
rob is offline   #6 Reply With Quote