Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Ironhelix

Old July 7th, 2014, 08:08 PM
The two changes I would ask to see are: One, give me the option to change section bullets in player view to the numbers that I see as a GM. Two, put a scroll bar on of the windows that has information the goes outside of the current window.

The first change is so that when a player makes a reference to a section they can tell me what the section number is instead quoting the beginning of the snippet and me hoping I remember where in that topic it is. This would be especially useful for any large topics I may have that I feel can't be easily split into other sub topics. I know that it opens me up to some meta-gaming, but if my players are meta-gaming me that hard I have other issues at the table.

The second change is so that if I have the only computer at the table and I turn player view on and a topic is too big for the window I put it in, I would like the users to be able to move through the topic with out me having to exit player view pan up/down or left/right. I really don't see any issues with that one.

Any suggestions or question to help clarify would be greatly appreciated.
Ironhelix is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old July 7th, 2014, 10:17 PM
One concern for showing section numbers to players is that it might give clues to them as to missing content (when there is a gap in the numbering, for instance).
Farling is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
Ironhelix

Old July 8th, 2014, 05:02 AM
I can see where that is a concern but I would like to have the option to enable/disable as needed. If I could do it per topic that would be great, but I'd settle for the ability to turn it on and off. Especially when in any rules or player guide areas.

Also as a counter to the meta-gaming argument I can place the hidden content at the end of a section, place GM notes on it so that I know where it goes when it's revealed, and then move it when the players actually get to see it.

At the end of the day I'm looking for the ability to enable an option, not be forced into one way of doing things.
Ironhelix is offline   #3 Reply With Quote