Notices

Pali

Old April 4th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Does anybody made a RoC file yet?
Pali is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
phantomwhale

Old May 23rd, 2010, 02:18 PM
Nope - but was just coming on to ask the same question

Something I might look at doing later in the year, but quite busy this summer with Fantasy Grounds coding. Still hoping they "loosen" there import mechanism a little too, so we can get some "export from Hero Lab -> Import into Fantasy Grounds" scripting going.

Will keep an eye here though, in case someone else is feeling up for it - would be happy with just the creation / advancement stuff personally - don't care too much about getting a "sanity health" tracker added as I don't use Hero Lab in game.
phantomwhale is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Pali

Old October 8th, 2010, 04:18 PM
*bump*
Pali is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Kiros

Old July 5th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Sigh, I wrote this huge reply, which somehow got lost. Do replies sometimes have to go through a moderator before they gets posted?

Okay, so I started a Realms of Cthulhu setting last night. This is my first take at writing one, so I'm sure it will need to be reviewed by someone and adjusted. So far this is what I have:

1) Sanity and Corruption derived traits added. Corruption is subtracted from Sanity, as expected. Corruption is based on Knowledge (Mythos). See below.
2) Knowledge (Mythos), Knowledge (Psychology), Knowledge (Engineering) added. The last one is for the professional edge Engineer. I ended up duping Knowledge, removing the focus, and renaming the individual ones Knowledge (Mythos) etc. I did this because of the professional edge requirements for these. I don't know of a way to loop through all of the investigator's Knowledge skills and look specifically for the needed focus. If someone could post some code for this that I could look at it would be appreciated.
3) All RoC Hindrances added. I do not modifiy the stats in the Hindrances that are situationally triggered. Dark Secret, for example, is -4 to Charisma IF the secret is found out.
4) All Background edges added.
5) All Professional edges added.
6) All Legendary edges added.
7) I have created a Time Period for equipment as 1920s Realm of Cthulhu. I have added all of the vehicles for that time period. Need to find the energy/gumption for doing the weapons. I think this will require alcohol.
8) All of the disallowed edges have been removed. I did this by creating the Setting as 'Realms of Cthulhu', then using Preclude for all of the edges listed. I also set Realms of Cthulhu as the source for all of the previous work listed.

Things that need work:
1) RoC allows four points of Hindrances in any combination of Major (2 pts) and Minor (1 pt). I don't know how to implement this.
2) I also do not know how Interests should be implemented.
3) The rest of the equipment needs to be added. The 1890s and Modern Time Periods will need to be added also.
4) I really like the character sheet listed in the RoC book. It would be nice to be able to use the artwork. Is this possible?

If someone has suggestions I'm open to hear them. Also if someone has completed more than this please let me know. No need to duplicate effort.

Kiros

Last edited by Kiros; July 5th, 2011 at 06:04 PM.
Kiros is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Kiros

Old July 7th, 2011, 07:28 AM
Bumping myself. Anyone have suggestions for how to implement the 4 points for Hindrances, Interests and possibly using the art from the RoC book character sheet? Thanks!

Kiros
Kiros is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
tatteredking

Old July 7th, 2011, 11:10 AM
First off, thanks for taking this on. The guys at WolfLair have already said they are overwhelmed and need users to create specific world files.

using the art from the book for character sheets will probably require some form of legal agreement with RB to use the artwork. Unless you are using it for your own porpoises.

Changing to 4 points of hindrances in any combination will take some coding on the inside end, that I don't have the understanding to do. CapedCrusader has more knowledge and that may be something to ask him to see if he can figure out.
tatteredking is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Kiros

Old July 7th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Thanks tatterdking. My assumption is that there would need to be an agreement with RB with our without the artwork. I was interested in the technical solution to actually implementing it, and assuming permission was given.

Kiros
Kiros is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 8th, 2011, 06:13 PM
Will this help? This is the code to loop through all of the Knowledge skills and look for a specific version of the skill
(In this case, looking for Knowledge(Battle)):

foreach pick in hero where "thingid.skKnow"
if (compare(lowercase(eachpick.field[domDomain].text),"battle") = 0) then
~ do whatever you need to do here...
endif
nexteach

As far as allowing more than one Major Hindrance, I'll have to look. It would likely take an internal code change not usually available with a .user file. Making it conditional might be, uh, interesting.

Are you typing all of this in, or do you have a PDF to cut and paste from?

What are the particulars on Interests?

So, Corruption is based on Knowledge(Mythos), eh? I was curious about that.
CapedCrusader is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Kiros

Old July 10th, 2011, 08:29 AM
Thanks CapedCrusader.

I am typing all of this in.

Interests - You get a number of interests defined as half of your smarts die type. Examples are Archealogy, Acting, Biology etc. These are separate from Knowledge, and having an interest allows you to have a +1 to Common Knowledge rolls against that interest.

Got the knowledge check loop working for all three professional edges. Thanks.

So currently the solution for the 4 points in Hindrances needs to be found, and the rest of the equipment need to be added. Otherwise it looks good. Of course, it needs to be reviewed by a someone with more experience than myself, as I'm sure I'm not using best practices for the timings etc.

And if someone can let me how I could use the artwork from the manual for the character sheet that would be great. Thanks.

Kiros

Last edited by Kiros; July 10th, 2011 at 12:21 PM.
Kiros is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 10th, 2011, 09:44 PM
You could always list Interests in Personal Details. It sounds like they are open-ended enough that, like the Knowledge Skill, you couldn't really have a preset list of them. They'd print out on the character sheet.
CapedCrusader is offline   #10 Reply With Quote