Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

DrZaius

Old September 14th, 2008, 06:07 PM
Okay so I want to alter the hit dice on the rogue class. Herolab doesn't use these files in the D20 source folder so any changes there wont show up in the game as I understand it. If I copy the srd rogue file and make the change there and save it in the d20 folder I get hit with duplicate records issues and the data files dont load. So what do I need to do to make this kind of basic change?

Thanks for any help
DrZaius is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 14th, 2008, 08:37 PM
In the editor, file...new. Go to the class level tab, and click the "New (Copy)" button on the bottom left, and select rogue. Also, write down that the rogue class' ID is "cRogue" (it's in parentheses next to the name in the list of available selections).

Give this new class a unique ID at the rop right ("cRogue1", for example), and then go back to the middle of the screen and find the "Replaces Thing ID" field - enter the rogue's ID in that ("cRogue"). Then, the Hit Die field is just to the left, so enter the new value, then save everything and click the "Test Now" button on the top left to make sure it worked correctly.

Also, if you go to the help menu in the editor, it will bring up the instructions. Tutorial 4 includes how to modify an existing class.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
DrZaius

Old September 15th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Yup that worked. Thanks for the clear instructions and guiding me to the right Tutorial. I appreciate the help and especially appreciate the nudge in the right direction. As they say its better to teach a man to fish.
DrZaius is offline   #3 Reply With Quote