Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
PGoodman13
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 65

Old June 10th, 2019, 10:20 AM
Is that a change you're making in 1.7, or do I need to work on that kludge to build this character I'm working on?
PGoodman13 is offline   #121 Reply With Quote
TCArknight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 1,092

Old June 10th, 2019, 10:26 AM
I’ll do it for 1.7

Give me a couple of days to test everything. You can just leave it commented out until new version.

Working on -
TCArknight is offline   #122 Reply With Quote
PGoodman13
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 65

Old June 10th, 2019, 11:49 AM
Cool deal. What I really want to see is how you enforce the "Gotta buy this Talent" rule, so I can steal it, too....
PGoodman13 is offline   #123 Reply With Quote
TCArknight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 1,092

Old June 11th, 2019, 07:32 PM
1.7 should now be available.

Working on -
TCArknight is offline   #124 Reply With Quote
PGoodman13
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 65

Old June 11th, 2019, 08:39 PM
Okay, being able to make a Talent legal in the Personal tab seems to have worked just fine; it let me make a Klingon telepath as a test case just fine, so that's way cool.

The validation rule was easier than I thought it was going to be. Also way cool.

Brings me back to line 3 of that eval script where I'm trying to up the damage of an unarmed strike.

Code:
perform hero.childfound[wpUnarmed].field[wpDamage].value += 2
Getting a different syntax error now when I try to compile/test it: "Error in string expression." I don't happen to see an error there, but I'm a game writer and not a developer.
PGoodman13 is offline   #125 Reply With Quote
Farling
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Greater London, UK
Posts: 2,107

Old June 11th, 2019, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGoodman13 View Post
Okay, being able to make a Talent legal in the Personal tab seems to have worked just fine; it let me make a Klingon telepath as a test case just fine, so that's way cool.

The validation rule was easier than I thought it was going to be. Also way cool.

Brings me back to line 3 of that eval script where I'm trying to up the damage of an unarmed strike.

Code:
perform hero.childfound[wpUnarmed].field[wpDamage].value += 2
Getting a different syntax error now when I try to compile/test it: "Error in string expression." I don't happen to see an error there, but I'm a game writer and not a developer.
I think "perform" invokes a function, whereas "blah += 2" is an expression that would normally be on its own line. (But I'm not fully up to speed on their scripting language.)

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=58156) and Output tools (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=59981)
Farling is offline   #126 Reply With Quote
TCArknight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 1,092

Old June 12th, 2019, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGoodman13 View Post

Code:
perform hero.childfound[wpUnarmed].field[wpDamage].value += 2
Getting a different syntax error now when I try to compile/test it: "Error in string expression." I don't happen to see an error there, but I'm a game writer and not a developer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
I think "perform" invokes a function, whereas "blah += 2" is an expression that would normally be on its own line. (But I'm not fully up to speed on their scripting language.)
Glad i didn't break anything.

And Farling is correct. Just drop the perform. Since you are working with the value of a field, you don't need it.

The way i look at it is if you're doing something to the overall pick (on the hero) or thing (item in general) you need the perform. otherwise if you're working with values/text of a particular item, you don't. That help?

Working on -
TCArknight is offline   #127 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Senior Member
Lone Wolf Staff
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 12,607

Old June 18th, 2019, 01:56 PM
Or, think of it as perform getting replaced with:

trashvariable =

All lines in HL that execute a change have an equal sign in them, so, if perform gets replaced with that equal sign, does your line now have two of them?

That's why if you look at some of the oldest pieces of d20 or WoD, you'll see

var result as number
result = assign[some tag]

That's now a deprecated coding style, and using perform is now preferred. That's left over from before "perform" was added to the scripting language.
Mathias is online now   #128 Reply With Quote
Farling
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Greater London, UK
Posts: 2,107

Old June 18th, 2019, 11:43 PM
Trying to import V1.7, the list of files indicated that thing_species_DS9.dat was not going to get replaced.

On switching to the game system, it reported duplicate entries in thing_species_DS9.dat and another file with DS9 in the title.

I had to manually delete the thing_species_DS9.dat in order to get the game system to compile.
I got a thing_species_DS9.dat

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=58156) and Output tools (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=59981)
Farling is offline   #129 Reply With Quote
TCArknight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 1,092

Old June 19th, 2019, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
Trying to import V1.7, the list of files indicated that thing_species_DS9.dat was not going to get replaced.

On switching to the game system, it reported duplicate entries in thing_species_DS9.dat and another file with DS9 in the title.

I had to manually delete the thing_species_DS9.dat in order to get the game system to compile.
I got a thing_species_DS9.dat
Ill check on that, thanks for letting me know.

Working on -
TCArknight is offline   #130 Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright 1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.