Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

quistar

Old June 6th, 2014, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
The parenthesis in this context are confusing things, because they suggest a process like "round" or "signed" or "lowercase" but there is nothing prior to them to indicate what that is. So, two possible fixes, either define a variable before hand and use that without any parenthesis, like so:

Code:
var ourbonus as number
ourbonus = field[xIndex].value * 2

field[listname].text = "Soul of Burnished Bronze +" & ourbonus
Or, I think this might work as well, and is the route I would prefer.

Code:
field[listname].text = "Soul of Burnished Bronze " & signed(field[xIndex].value * 2)
Aaaand we have a winnah with #2!

Thanks a million! I never would have gotten this without your help. Enjoy the wedding!

- Andrew <:-(}
quistar is offline   #51 Reply With Quote
quistar

Old June 8th, 2014, 06:52 PM
One minor problem I discovered for Soul of Burnished Bronze...I made up a test PC with 10 levels of the pclass to try it out, and discovered that the bonus is not increasing with higher levels as it should. It should be +2 at 1st, level, +4 at 3rd level, +6 at 5th, +8 at 7th, and +10 at 9th. It remains +2 consistently.

quistar is offline   #52 Reply With Quote
quistar

Old June 8th, 2014, 07:10 PM
Another quick one, since I'm at it: How do I get this Expr-script to add shortspear requirement for Weapon Focus (shortspear)? This is what I have so far.

#hasfeat[fMyWeaFocu] <> 0

quistar is offline   #53 Reply With Quote
bertraze

Old June 9th, 2014, 08:36 AM
You probably want fWepFoc instead of fMyWeaFocu, which I'm pretty sure is the mythic version of Weapon Focus.
bertraze is offline   #54 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old June 9th, 2014, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quistar View Post
One minor problem I discovered for Soul of Burnished Bronze...I made up a test PC with 10 levels of the pclass to try it out, and discovered that the bonus is not increasing with higher levels as it should. It should be +2 at 1st, level, +4 at 3rd level, +6 at 5th, +8 at 7th, and +10 at 9th. It remains +2 consistently.
Look at your eval script which is setting the bonus. Try to fix it yourself, then post your solution script here along with what is currently happening.
Aaron is offline   #55 Reply With Quote
quistar

Old June 9th, 2014, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertraze View Post
You probably want fWepFoc instead of fMyWeaFocu, which I'm pretty sure is the mythic version of Weapon Focus.
That did it, thanks! I guess that's what the "My" part of the name is for then, Mythic. I'll avoid those in the future! In fact I think there are a few I need to go find and change...

quistar is offline   #56 Reply With Quote
quistar

Old June 9th, 2014, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Look at your eval script which is setting the bonus. Try to fix it yourself, then post your solution script here along with what is currently happening.
I looked, but the thing is I didn't write this script, you guys did it for me (thanks!), so I really don't understand how it works.

Here's what is there so far. 2 eval fields.

Post-levels 10000 1

~only perform the calculations for the first copy
doneif (tagis[Helper.FirstCopy] = 0)

field[abValue].value += (field[xCount].value * 2)

Render 10000 2

field[listname].text = "Soul of Burnished Bronze " & signed(field[xIndex].value * 2)

~only perform the calculations for the first copy
doneif (tagis[Helper.FirstCopy] = 0)

field[abSumm].text = signed(field[abValue].value) & " to Will saves vs. vampire or vampire spawn supernatural special attacks."
field[livename].text = field[thingname].text & " " & signed(field[abValue].value)
field[sbName].text = lowercase(field[thingname].text) & " " & signed(field[abValue].value)

~ If we're not shown, just get out now
doneif (tagis[Helper.ShowSpec] = 0)

doneif (tagis[Helper.SpcDisable] <> 0)

#situational[hero.child[svWill], signed(field[abValue].value) & " sacred bonus vs. vs. vampire or vampire spawn supernatural special attacks",field[thingname].text]

quistar is offline   #57 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 9th, 2014, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quistar View Post
My question is how many times did you bootstrap this class special to the class? The way the code is scripted its meant to be bootstrapped 5 times to the class at levels 1, 3, 5, 7, and 9.

xCount increases as each bootstrap becomes active. So at level 1 xCount will be one. At level 2 xCount is one. At level 3 xCount will become two. Etc etc...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #58 Reply With Quote
quistar

Old June 9th, 2014, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
My question is how many times did you bootstrap this class special to the class? The way the code is scripted its meant to be bootstrapped 5 times to the class at levels 1, 3, 5, 7, and 9.

xCount increases as each bootstrap becomes active. So at level 1 xCount will be one. At level 2 xCount is one. At level 3 xCount will become two. Etc etc...
Oho! I didn't realize that it could stack by adding it multiple times! That makes a lot of sense. I just added more copies to the class and...BINGO! +10 bonus at level 10! Many thanks! I can make use of variants on this now for many different pclass abilities!

quistar is offline   #59 Reply With Quote
quistar

Old June 9th, 2014, 07:01 PM
Some quick prerequisite questions for Pclass Expr-reqs: how do I add prereqs here for BAB and base Will save (not counting Ability and other modifiers, just from levels)?

quistar is offline   #60 Reply With Quote