Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

bertraze

Old June 5th, 2014, 07:21 PM
Well, I think the bootstrap wonkiness from before had to do with trying to add it in both a custom ability and a racial ability, which I had already deleted by the time I sent you a file. I've gotten rid of the custom abilities now and I'm trying to rebuild it as a just plain racial ability. I managed to get the ability to be disabled until the proper level in an eval script (that runs in post-levels, so much too late for a bootstrap), but I'm having a very hard time with my bootstrap condition actually working (now it's always false).

I've tried count:Classes.Race >= 4 at First/500 and First/4999, without any success. I've also tried accessing the tHidDice field, but that's apparently calculated much later.

I think I'm out of things to try to figure out how many levels the race has in the bootstrap.
bertraze is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
bertraze

Old June 6th, 2014, 06:23 AM
Classes.Race, CompLevel.cEidolon and the fields tCompLevel, and tHitDice all seem to not be available to bootstrap conditions.

Is it possible to access the master's fields during a bootstrap? I know I can get PC levels during a bootstrap.
bertraze is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
bertraze

Old June 6th, 2014, 09:40 AM
I was looking for monster abilities that depend on the number of HD the monster has. I haven't found one that really fits the bill yet, but I did find one that was applying a variable amount of DR, which taught me about #applydr[], which does seem to be able to bootstrap DR from an eval script. I have no idea what #applydr[] is doing under the covers, so I don't know if I could write a similar bit of code to apply a feat from an eval script or not. Is this possible?
bertraze is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 6th, 2014, 09:47 AM
The DR is already present on all characters - it hides itself if no value has been applied to it. The #applydr[] macro just applies a value to it.

Feats need to run their own scripts, and you can't use a script to create something that needs to run its own scripts.

There are alternative ways to get a feat added under certain circumstances, but without more information about what circumstances the feat needs to be added under, or how many feats the ability can choose from.
Mathias is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
bertraze

Old June 6th, 2014, 09:53 AM
So, I have a racial special ability that I actually don't want to activate the bonus feat on until my Eidolon(-like thing) is level 10. There are four choices for this bonus feat. Currently, I have an array-based menu, and I've got the bootstrap condition to use that, but I can't seem to get the part where it determines the level (and so allows the bonus feat to happen) to even come up true.
bertraze is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 6th, 2014, 10:06 AM
Think about other things in Pathfinder that do something similar. (In Hero Lab, Eidolons are a variant of Animal Companions, so you can look for things that add a bonus feat to an animal companion at a certain level, too). The animal archetypes in animal archive may be a good place to start.
Mathias is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 6th, 2014, 10:08 AM
Yeah, the tenacious guardian ability from the bodyguard archetype has an example, the Indefatigable ability of the Charger archetype, the Eldritch Claws ability of the Totem guide archetype.
Mathias is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
bertraze

Old June 6th, 2014, 10:42 AM
Animal Companions seem to use hero#CompLevel.cAnimComp >= (number) for this. I tried hero#CompLevel.cEidolon in my Eidolon race, but it won't come up true.
bertraze is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 6th, 2014, 10:51 AM
You used the same phase & priority as those examples?

hero#CompLevel.cEidolon should be correct.
Mathias is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
bertraze

Old June 6th, 2014, 12:04 PM
That was my rookie mistake for today -- I needed First/502 instead of First/500. Thanks for all the help!
bertraze is offline   #20 Reply With Quote