Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

HardMaple72

Old May 15th, 2014, 05:34 AM
I am building a arcane spell caster class. I have everything working except it won't let me select Wizard-only feats (in feats tab or as bonus feats). I have selected it in both the "Counts As" Classes and "Counts As" Classes (Feats) button, but still no go; even the Alternate/Hybrid Of button.

For example: Arcane Builder reads "Wizard Required."

I didn't know if there was an Eval Script or something else I can enter to make this work.

Thanx
HardMaple72 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old May 15th, 2014, 10:34 AM
Pretty sure Arcane Builder isn't exactly a feat, it's an Arcane Discovery which a Wizard can choose in place of it's Bonus feat, so it's really something specifically for a wizard.
AndrewD2 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
HardMaple72

Old May 15th, 2014, 01:52 PM
Guess you're right. There's only a few of those, so I can just duplicate them to include the new class.

Thanx.
HardMaple72 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 15th, 2014, 02:29 PM
Arcane Discoveries are not really feats, according to the rules. It's just that Wizards are allowed to use their feat slots to choose arcane discoveries in place of their normal bonus feats, so in coding terms, it's convenient to just make them feats.

So, carefully study the text of the class you're entering - does it specifically say that it gets to use the Arcane Discoveries that the Wizard gets? If it only says that it can select wizard-specific feats, that's a different thing - if that's all it gets to do, then it shouldn't get access to the arcane discoveries.
Mathias is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
HardMaple72

Old May 16th, 2014, 07:42 PM
Its a home-brew class, giving Wizards spontaneous casting. I was working on it when I saw mention of the Arcanist on another forum. But after reading about the Arcanist, I went back to mine. Just not a fan of giving every new class a points pool.

This is meant to replace both Wizard and Sorcerer, using the Spontaneous Spellbook of the Arcanist but in most other respects its a Wizard. After all, I've never seen Gandalf carry a spellbook. I'll be doing something similar to clerics later (ala Favored Soul).

It just better fits my image of what magic should be.
HardMaple72 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Portilis

Old May 17th, 2014, 12:30 AM
If looking at a variant, would it not make more sense to archetype the wizard class rather than build a new one? I'm not sure off-hand how hard changing the casting to spontaneous would be, but I'd be surprised if it cannot be done.
Portilis is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
HardMaple72

Old May 17th, 2014, 05:48 AM
That would probably be better. Thanx

Last edited by HardMaple72; May 17th, 2014 at 05:55 AM.
HardMaple72 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
bertraze

Old May 31st, 2014, 05:25 AM
I was working on a Magus archetype that has spontaneous casting, so if you need help changing the caster type in an archetype, you can do what I did.

You'll need an eval script at First/100, that does the following:
Code:
perform linkage[varies].delete[CasterType.MemBook]
perform linkage[varies].assign[CasterType.SpontKnow]
Then, just make sure the spells known table is filled up in your archetype.
bertraze is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
bertraze

Old May 31st, 2014, 05:42 AM
Never mind. I found I was just on the wrong tab.

Last edited by bertraze; May 31st, 2014 at 05:45 AM. Reason: I derped.
bertraze is offline   #9 Reply With Quote