Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

javadragon

Old March 20th, 2014, 07:01 PM
I see when I create an edge that I am able to choose "- New Tag -" for the "Type of Edge". I fill in the tag unique, name and abbreviation and all seems good. My custom data files saves and I am able to open Savage Worlds in Hero Lab.

However, when I go to test my new edge by clicking "Add New Edge", it does not have a header for my new edge type in the "Add an Edge" window. It seems like it groups my new edges together and it looks like they are grouped alphabetically by edge type (my custom edge type was Geographical and my new edges appear above "- Leadership Edges -" and at the bottom of "- Combat Edges"). I expected to see a header "- Geographical Edges -" to be in this window.

Should this not have created a new header for my new edge type?

I am attaching a screen shot of my "Add an Edge" window.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2014-03-20 at 10.55.21 PM.png (135.1 KB, 2 views)
javadragon is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old March 21st, 2014, 10:37 AM
Arguably that would work, but some things have set tags and don't recognize others. Edges may well be one of those, but I don't know for certain. I know that Equipment, for example, does have that issue and you need to use the main categories (although you can rename the dividing group name that shows up on printouts) only or they just group up in a user-defined section by themselves. Maybe one of the LWD guys could comment if this is also the case for Edges and/or Hindrances, too.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 21st, 2014, 12:00 PM
Headers are not automatically created when you create a new tag group. Find one of the existing headers using "New (Copy)" and use that as a base to create the new header.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
javadragon

Old March 21st, 2014, 08:09 PM
Thank you very much Mathias. That worked perfectly. I never noticed those before in the New (Copy) list. The only thing that I have to figure out is why the Copy does not like the dashes before and after the edge group name. When I tried to change the Name field it tells that there are invalid characters and it turns the dashes into "?". However, two normal dashes works almost as good.
javadragon is offline   #4 Reply With Quote