Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

markenbach

Old January 16th, 2020, 04:57 PM
Any tips on how to add Class Features from a different class to my character?

My DM is having us add a "Gestalt" level every 3rd character level.

By his terms, this means that we pick a Gestalt Class and every 3rd level we may add the class features of that class. These features are in addition to the normal class features and do not add to character level and stuff like HP, skills and saves are not effected.

I'm playing a Slayer with a Fighter gestalt class. So far, I've just been adding the bonus feats and such in the Adjust field, but adding other Fighter specific class features is a little trickier.

I would like to find a way to integrate these abilities into my character a bit more cleanly, perhaps with the Editor feature, but that thing is a bit confusing to me.

Any help would be appreciated.
markenbach is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old January 18th, 2020, 09:12 AM
There is a Gestalt file you can add to Hero Lab.
You could find it in this forum, if you scroll to previous posts.
It is there, anyway.

In HL, you'd take your normal class.
At third level where you Gestalt, you'd add both Slayer and Fighter and the Gestalt class (which is an option, if you have that addon enabled).
Then there is a Gestalt Tab (along the top like Feats, Skills, Background... same type of tab).
On that tab, you'd add the Slayer and the Fighter, each in one of the drop down menus.

I'm not sure if it matters which of the Slayer ones you add, because there will be more Slayer options than Fighter options, since you'll have 3x as many Slayers levels as Fighter levels.
Ualaa is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old January 18th, 2020, 01:43 PM
The Pathfinder Gestalt doesn't sound like what you want. You can add some class features by using adjustments, as you have said.
To do those additions properly, you will need to use the editor. Id suggest making an archetype. This can add to the character without you losing anything you already have, and every third level, you edit the archetype and add the next set of class abilities that your character received.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old January 22nd, 2020, 06:12 AM
I will second what Dami said. It really seems like your table is running an unusual variation of the gestalt rules that no existing HL project is equipped to handle. Creating one or more custom archetypes is probably your most straightforward option.
TheIronGolem is offline   #4 Reply With Quote