Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 3rd, 2014, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarelth View Post
Pretty sure. Here is my file. I took out my wanky attempt at a skill penalty.

Well, not 2 days yet, been up for about a day and a half. Just starting to get tired now. Been having fun figuring things out, well trying to.
Sometimes when working with stuff that is bootstrapped its best to do a "CTRL-R" to reload the whole game system. Also make sure you don't build a test .por file that you keep reusing as again this can cause strange results.

Cause I installed the above .user file and it is all working fine. No issues that I can see. The DR is showing up and so is the ability. No error/warning messages.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Sarelth

Old August 4th, 2014, 09:54 AM
Its all good now. I think I was just forgetting to refresh the test char i was using. I use "CTRL-R" and a new character every time, may have been lacking brain power from the need for sleep...

I think I got the -4 to swim checks figured out. Just double checking and then moving on to the Elf race.

Last edited by Sarelth; August 4th, 2014 at 01:51 PM.
Sarelth is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Sarelth

Old August 4th, 2014, 03:09 PM
Is there a way to add spells to a spell list by race?
I am guessing I would have to create new versions of the spells in question and then add the Racial Requirement to each one...

Quote:
Variant: Elven nature magic affinity
Due to their affinity with nature elves (and half-elves when raised by elves) can add the following spells to any arcane casting spell list they have:
0-Level: Create Water;
1st-Level: Calm Animals, Charm Animal, Detect Snares and Pits, Entangle, Goodberry, Hide from Animals, Longstrider, Magic Fang, Magic Stone, Pass without Trace, Shillelagh;
2nd-Level: Animal Messenger, Barkskin, Hold Animal, Reduce Animal, Soften Earth and Stone, Tree Shape, Warp Wood, Wood Shape;
3rd-Level: Diminish Plants, Dominate Animal, Magic Fang, Greater, Meld into Stone, Plant Growth, Quench, Snare, Spike Growth, Wind Walk,
4th-Level: Air Walk, Antiplant Shell, Command Plants, Giant Vermin, Spike Stones;
5th-Level: Awaken, Commune with Nature, Control Winds, Tree Stride, Wall of Thorns;
6th-Level: Ironwood, Liveoak, Repel Wood, Spellstaff, Stone Tell, Transport via Plants;
7th-Level: Animate Plants, Changestaff, Transmute Metal to Wood, Wind Walk;
8th-Level: Animal Shapes, Control Plants, Repel Metal or Stone;
9th-Level: Shambler.
This does not provide any bonus spells it only adds more options to arcane spellcasting classes for elves. The spells are added to the appropriate spell list at the spell level indicated.

Last edited by Sarelth; August 4th, 2014 at 03:16 PM.
Sarelth is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old August 4th, 2014, 03:17 PM
You'll have to create a foreach on the race that checks through each class helper with the CasterSrc.Arcane and then assign the appropriate spell tag to the helper.

something like

Code:
~loop through all Arcane casting class
foreach pick in hero from BaseClHelp where "CasterSrc.Arcane"
   perform eachpick.assign[ClAllowSp."IDOFSPELL"
   ~copy previous line for each spell added
nexteach
Like pre-levels 5000 probably
AndrewD2 is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 4th, 2014, 03:18 PM
So, what search terms are you looking for in this case - how about "spell list"?

Using that search term, I find the following feats that look similar: Shade of the Uskwood, Sahir-Afiyun

If you don't have the books those are from, take a look at some of the other feats that search term finds - the rest add variable spells, but they all use the same mechanism - the others just look up the information about what spell to add from what the user picks, instead of having a fixed list, so they may be more difficult to interpret.
Mathias is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 4th, 2014, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarelth View Post
Is there a way to add spells to a spell list by race?
I am guessing I would have to create new versions of the spells in question and then add the Racial Requirement to each one...
You would need to modify the "spell expression" to specifically add these spells. The only issue is you would also need to figure out if a class was a Spontaneous or a Book arcane caster. Then correctly modify the right spell expression.

Honestly as your just starting out I would put that one to the side for now actually. It can be done but your talking about a more advanced script. So let your skills grow some and then come back to it at a later time.

If you really want to try now. Then you may wish to look at THIS thread where someone else was modifying a spell list.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Sarelth

Old August 4th, 2014, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the pointers on the Spell list issue, I think I will come back to that as Shadow suggests, it is not all that important at the moment and is listed as a variant ability. I want to add it eventually, but I figure move on to more basics before trying confusing things.

Working on Equipment right now.
Not a lot of new stuff from the setting really.
Main-Gauche Dagger brings up a question though. The description lists them as granted an additional +1 shield bonus if used with Two-Weapon Defense feat or when fighting defensively. Is it possible to add this modifier?

Last edited by Sarelth; August 4th, 2014 at 04:00 PM.
Sarelth is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old August 4th, 2014, 04:17 PM
Yeah you'll have to check and see when the ability is active and give a +1 to the armor bonus field
AndrewD2 is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Sarelth

Old August 4th, 2014, 04:46 PM
Have not found a Armor Bonus field on weapons... Looking for items that do similar is finding nothing also. Is there a tutorial page for editing items?
Sarelth is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old August 4th, 2014, 04:53 PM
Whoops wasn't paying attention that it's a dagger but what you can do is add to the bonus on the ArmorClass thing or better get look at the Two-Weapon Defense code and you'll see that it's using field[abValue] to add to the shield bonus so you could instead put a script on the weapon that increases the value of the abValue field on Two-Weapon Defense.
AndrewD2 is offline   #20 Reply With Quote