Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

Zaphod Beebledoc

Old April 3rd, 2014, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Lemur View Post
+Wun fer speel chek.
I think you should of spell checked that...

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old May 31st, 2014, 08:06 PM
LW, what is the word regarding spell check? Tonight I was working on my realm and found several misspellings that I had to fix. I don't know about you, but my typing is not 100% accurate. RW REALLY needs spell check. Personally, I think it should be at the same priority as formatting and included in formatting at the same time. I don't think I should have to type the text in a word processor so misspellings are caught then copy and paste the text into RW.
ruhar is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old June 1st, 2014, 05:14 AM
Hi there!

I think it's unecessary overhead to integrate it directly into RW. Maybe it would be a job for RW to better integrate office applications so the full functionality of those features can be used inside of RW.

It would be a big plus for RW if all office options would be supported inside of the RW elements, which would effectively integrate a spell checker for office users!
Acenoid is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old June 1st, 2014, 12:48 PM
Are you referring to Microsoft Office? If so, I don't think integrating Office into RW is a good idea because not everyone has Office.
ruhar is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
gloranphile

Old June 2nd, 2014, 07:45 AM
+1 for spell checking, IF we can add non-language words to a dictionary .txt file much like what Word does. Then we could import/export that file from Word if needed.

If this .txt was linked directly to specific Realms, even better. There are added words for my world that would not carry over into other Realms I may play in the future.
gloranphile is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Gord

Old June 3rd, 2014, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gloranphile View Post
+1 for spell checking, IF we can add non-language words to a dictionary .txt file much like what Word does. Then we could import/export that file from Word if needed.

If this .txt was linked directly to specific Realms, even better. There are added words for my world that would not carry over into other Realms I may play in the future.
+1 I agree that spell checking would be great but only if we could add words to a dictionary. There's too much non-standard spelling in fantasy games otherwise.
Gord is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old June 6th, 2014, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
+1 I agree that spell checking would be great but only if we could add words to a dictionary. There's too much non-standard spelling in fantasy games otherwise.
I agree with Gord.... the only need to implement a Spell Check is for "non-standard" wordings that exist in a fantasy / Sci-fi setting....
Implementation of this is a low priority in comparison to other elements on the work front for LWD.....
Just as RW is not intended to be a VTT, its not intended to replace your preferred word processor either.

You might find this free ware does what you need. I have tested it with in RW and it works fine....
Note, the default for the word list is the left shift key ,I being left handed find this abit annoying, so I changed it to the arrow down when wanting to view the list to choose from. As Gord has suggested, it also allows you to define your own words as well.

Tiny Spell>http://tinyspell.numerit.com/#download
DLG
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old June 13th, 2014, 03:53 AM
I'm in the minority here it seems, but wouldn't a spell checker make life a pain in the butt?

We're playing games with weird spellings, odd names, and impossible to pronounce properly cities.

A spell checker would have ton's of "Misspellings" in each paragraph of your entries. Yeah, you could "Add to dictionary" but overall, It woudl take more time to put stuff in that way than now.

Yeah, it's a pain when you notice that you misspelled a word later, and wonder how many other words you misspelled, but in the grand scheme of things, Add to dictionary would take a TON of time out of my preparation. Plus, if you just ignored it, you'd be full of squiggly red lines every-time you load a thing.
Pollution is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old June 13th, 2014, 08:54 AM
If it bothers you to have red underlines, ask them to include an option to disable spell checking as you type if they add spell checking. Then you can run spell checking if/when you want without it bothering you the rest of the time. It'll be like the old days! :)

ObTopic: I don't care about spell checking. It's a nice feature, but plenty of text-focused applications haven't had it.

Parody is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
jkthomsen9

Old June 15th, 2014, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Lemur View Post
+Wun fer speel chek.
Laughed my ass off. Thank you.
+1 for spell check
jkthomsen9 is offline   #20 Reply With Quote