Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

meek75

Old September 17th, 2015, 06:22 AM
It would be nice if pressing the tab key would take me directly from one snippet to the next. As it is now, I have to hit the key at least twice, because it selects the wrench at the end of each snippet. It would save me time it I could tell RW to tab from one snippet to the next. In fact, I think that would be a better default setting.

NOTE: This should be in the features request thread. Someone with the rights to do so, can move it over -- sorry.

Last edited by meek75; September 17th, 2015 at 09:07 AM.
meek75 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old September 17th, 2015, 10:21 PM
Well, this makes sense, so +1 from here.

(LW must have a list from here to Venus with suggestions and wishes by now...)

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 18th, 2015, 02:27 AM
You can use the up and down arrow keys to move through the snippets directly. The tab key moves between the various controls, but the arrow keys allow you to go directly from snippet contents to snippet contents. If you have long paragraphs of text, use the <ctrl> key with the up and down arrows.

Why did we do it this way? 1. There needs to be a way to move between the controls via the keyboard, and the tab key is the official standard for that, so going against that standard would be a poor choice. 2. Using the arrow keys makes editing work a lot like moving between paragraphs within a document using a word processor.
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 18th, 2015, 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargr View Post
(LW must have a list from here to Venus with suggestions and wishes by now...)
Pretty close. The list is well over a thousand items, and many of those items are big things that will take us weeks or months of work to do.
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 18th, 2015, 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
You can use the up and down arrow keys to move through the snippets directly.
FYI: This is one of the top items covered in the Tips & Tricks Guide, and I also mention this in all my seminars. But it seems there are still folks who we haven't gotten the word out to. This is something that we've had since the very beginning.
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old September 18th, 2015, 03:36 AM
Döh...

Rob, you are absolutely right and I use that feature (arrow keys to move) all the time.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
meek75

Old September 18th, 2015, 05:35 AM
Quote:
FYI: This is one of the top items covered in the Tips & Tricks Guide, and I also mention this in all my seminars. But it seems there are still folks who we haven't gotten the word out to. This is something that we've had since the very beginning.
Thanks for the info. I did actually read the Tips and Tricks Guide, but obviously missed that bit. I need to get into the habit of checking those documents before posting things here. In fact, re-reading them now that I have a load more RW experience is probably a good idea.
meek75 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ThatOneMike

Old September 18th, 2015, 01:29 PM
I've found the manuals a very useful reference myself.
ThatOneMike is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
the_redbeard

Old September 18th, 2015, 04:20 PM
Quote:
The tips & tricks guide is great. But what is missing (and something I almost did myself, but haven't yet), is a concise list of all the keyboard short cuts and what context they work in.
the_redbeard is offline   #9 Reply With Quote