Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds

Notices

Jinnai

Old November 22nd, 2011, 12:55 AM
I would like to modify the nullify power to only work when someone touches me, but be continuously on. Not as the reaction (Power Resistance), but as a condition where anyone who is touching me in some way has the effect nullified, but someone pointing a finger 2 inches from my face can still fry me with electricity. However, currently there is no way outside Power Resistance to limit the range to self and 0ft'.
Jinnai is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 22nd, 2011, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinnai View Post
I would like to modify the nullify power to only work when someone touches me, but be continuously on. Not as the reaction (Power Resistance), but as a condition where anyone who is touching me in some way has the effect nullified, but someone pointing a finger 2 inches from my face can still fry me with electricity. However, currently there is no way outside Power Resistance to limit the range to self and 0ft'.
I would suggest you buy Nullify (Ultimate Power, pages 68-69) and add the Power Extra: Aura (Ultimate Power, page 99) since that specifies actual contact. Perhaps add a Custom Power Flaw or Custom Power Drawback if the GM allows to ensure ranged attacks aren't nullified...or, again after co-ordination with the GM, it could just be zero point value statement in the Notes section as part of the description of how the power looks, sounds & works.

Duration can, of course, be adjusted as one usually does with powers.

Hope that helps,
Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer

Last edited by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer; November 22nd, 2011 at 01:23 PM.
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
DMayhew469

Old November 22nd, 2011, 04:28 PM
Nullify (All powers at once) 3pts
Extra: Action-Reaction (+3)
Extra: Duration-Continuous (+3)
Flaw : Range-Touch (-1)
Final Cost: 8pts/rank
DMayhew469 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 22nd, 2011, 06:36 PM
Nullify (all powers) with Aura (you have to buy the Duration up to Sustained and the Range to Touch) is 5 pp / rank for a Sustained or Permanent Aura, 6 pp / rank for Continuous. Now by default, that does only give you an Instant attack. Buying it up to Sustained costs 8 pp as above.

^_^ Just checked the math with Hero Lab.
Duggan is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Jinnai

Old November 27th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Thanks.
Jinnai is offline   #5 Reply With Quote