Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

ChiefGully

Old March 18th, 2018, 07:58 AM
Background: Home-brew Campaign, A world where the races have intermingled to a great degree. Race is now determined by area/nation. To implement the blood-lines players are allowed to select various racial traits.

Idea: A racial trait that allows you to select one or more specific racial traits from Elf Halfling or dwarf.

Issue: Not sure how to go about this, the traits to choose already exist so I believe I should be able to list and select.

Example Writen out:

Auten-Bloodlines: You may select two of the following traits Found in the PHB
Dwarven resilience
Dwarven Toughness
Fleet of Foot
Keen Senses
Lucky
Brave
Menacing
Relentless Endurance
Savage attacks

Q?: Can I do this with a simple bootstrap under "RA" section or is there another way I would have to go about this. Also I'm fairly new to coding this is my first step in HL Authoring.

Advice is welcomed ty you in advance
ChiefGully is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old March 19th, 2018, 11:09 AM
This is where variant racial traits can shine.

On the Var. Racial Trt tab (of the editor under Race) you can create variants (that you make available to your base race) that simply bootstraps one of those abilities.

There is no limit to the number of variants you can apply by default, so if you want to strictly enforce a limit of two, you'll have to play around with pre-reqs or other scripting to count the number added.
dungeonguru is offline   #2 Reply With Quote