Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

Paragon

Old April 1st, 2017, 01:55 PM
Currently I've got the Racial Ability for Simians bootstrap a version of Illiterate (with some mechanisms to let you remove it later). Unfortunately its still giving them a Reward point for that. I'm sure there's a way to include some code not to do that, but I can't find an example of how (or even what value is used for Rewards).

Anyone want to enlighten me?
Paragon is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 3rd, 2017, 02:58 PM
You'll want to alter the resHinder number. That's the total being displayed there. Example:

Code:
      if (field[abilActive].value <> 0) then
        #resmax[resHinder] -= 2
        endif

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Fantasy Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old April 3rd, 2017, 03:05 PM
Hey Paragon, you actually have a post about exactly this (although CC encases it in the newly required activation code here) in the Common Code thread! Even crediting CC with giving you the code in the first place.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old April 3rd, 2017, 03:57 PM
I think I poorly explained what I needed here; I already knew how to change the number of permitted Hindrances--because I used it in that very bootstrapped Hindrance, having as you noted, got an answer from CC in the past for it.

The problem is, though, its still yielding a Reward point. I need it to not do that, and I don't know what the id for a Reward point is, or if there's any quirks about subtracting one.
Paragon is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old April 3rd, 2017, 05:21 PM
I found this thread, about halfway down Myridden uses the following to do an offset of a known value:
Code:
~ Fix the hindrance and reward point numbers.
hero.child[resHinder].field[resMax].value -= 1
herofield[acMaxMinor].value += 1
herofield[acMaxHindP].value += 1
Would something like that get you closer to what you're looking for?

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old April 3rd, 2017, 05:45 PM
Where is it being bootstrapped? That is, what is being added that has the bootstrap code? Is it put directly in the race? Or is it a Racial Ability or Racial Property? I cannot recall ever seeing a case where it counts as a Hindrance (and gives reward points) when it is put inside a Racial Property, which is what I usually use.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old April 3rd, 2017, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeleyOne View Post
Where is it being bootstrapped? That is, what is being added that has the bootstrap code? Is it put directly in the race? Or is it a Racial Ability or Racial Property? I cannot recall ever seeing a case where it counts as a Hindrance (and gives reward points) when it is put inside a Racial Property, which is what I usually use.
Its a Racial Ability, but I set it up specifically to also Bootstrap the Hindrance, since that's the way its specifically characterized in the book (and I thought it would be less likely to confuse people that they were supposed to take it separately in addition.
Paragon is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old April 3rd, 2017, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
I found this thread, about halfway down Myridden uses the following to do an offset of a known value:
Code:
~ Fix the hindrance and reward point numbers.
hero.child[resHinder].field[resMax].value -= 1
herofield[acMaxHindP].value += 1
Would something like that get you closer to what you're looking for?
Hmmm. You'd think from what the comment says, but I actually can't tell what part of that is addressing the Reward Points; maybe the last line? Maybe Rewards are acMaxHindP? I guess I can experiment and find out.

Last edited by Paragon; April 3rd, 2017 at 06:26 PM.
Paragon is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old April 4th, 2017, 07:18 AM
Well, I tried this as an eval-script at Pre-Traits 5000, but it doesn't seem to work; I'm still getting a Reward point for the Hindrance. I'd guess I have the positioning wrong.

Code:
hero.child[resHinder].field[resMax].value += 1
herofield[acMaxHindP].value -= 1
(I used the whole code because I realized that the bootstrapped Hindrance might still be counting against the available ones--which I don't think it should be--and against the number of minor hindrances you can have. I thought about putting it on the racial trait instead, but I thought that might get messed up if you take the feat that buys off the Hindrance in play).

Last edited by Paragon; April 4th, 2017 at 07:21 AM.
Paragon is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old April 4th, 2017, 07:25 AM
Nope. Moving around the phase doesn't seem to do anything. I must be doing something fundamentally wrong here, or I can't put this on the Hindrance itself.
Paragon is offline   #10 Reply With Quote