Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sendric

Old February 27th, 2015, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnelson View Post
I have no idea how to create content, i'd love to be able to so if you could direct me to some sort of assistance program then i'd definitely look into it, but at the moment if someone could create it for me please then the prestige class comes from "Sword and Fist"
Hmm...that's one of the 3.0 class books. These books are not currently on my to-do list, though this is at least the second instance of people wanting a prestige class from one of those books. I could look into adding some of their content in the future, but it would have to wait a bit. I would recommend looking at how to add a class yourself, and if you get stuck feel free to ask questions. You can take a look at content in the current community set for some tips.
Sendric is offline   #331 Reply With Quote
loftybloke

Old February 28th, 2015, 05:21 AM
Hi guys, firstly thanks for all the effort which has gone into this custom content, I'm really enjoying having all those extra books in there.

I wanted to ask though - why is nightstick (magic rod from Libris Mortis) missing? Or have I just not got the right option ticked?

Thanks!
Lofty
loftybloke is offline   #332 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 28th, 2015, 05:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loftybloke View Post
Hi guys, firstly thanks for all the effort which has gone into this custom content, I'm really enjoying having all those extra books in there.

I wanted to ask though - why is nightstick (magic rod from Libris Mortis) missing? Or have I just not got the right option ticked?

Thanks!
Lofty
You're welcome.

The answer is really just that it hasn't been done yet. No particular reason as to why other than I suppose no one has had a need to do it. If you were to look at the Libris Mortis source file, you would probably find there are many things missing. I'll add it to the list.
Sendric is offline   #333 Reply With Quote
loftybloke

Old February 28th, 2015, 05:58 AM
Thanks very much
loftybloke is offline   #334 Reply With Quote
ThordanSsoa

Old March 15th, 2015, 10:07 PM
So I'm quite new to using Hero Lab and I was wondering where should I look for information on how to add custom classes. I'd like to have the Geomancer class from Complete Divine, and no one else has added it yet. Or is someone out there working on adding it already?
ThordanSsoa is offline   #335 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 16th, 2015, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThordanSsoa View Post
So I'm quite new to using Hero Lab and I was wondering where should I look for information on how to add custom classes. I'd like to have the Geomancer class from Complete Divine, and no one else has added it yet. Or is someone out there working on adding it already?
I should be done with the Totemist soon (ie this week), which means I will be able to start adding in the PrC's that people have been requesting. I can add Geomancer to the list. As for doing it yourself, there are some video tutorials here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel

These are for the Pathfinder editor, but you can still use most of it for d20 work. You can also take a look at how other classes were done in the community set, and go from there. If you run into a specific issue feel free to post a question. Someone is usually around to help.
Sendric is offline   #336 Reply With Quote
PsychoPif

Old March 16th, 2015, 04:06 PM
I'd like to use the encounter builder to manage my combat inside HL. I'm afraid I know the answer already, but is there some kind of community pack so I can import some enemies? Even the Monster Manual would be a good start.

If not, do I have to add all the monster races as custom content?

Last edited by PsychoPif; March 16th, 2015 at 04:07 PM. Reason: proof reading
PsychoPif is offline   #337 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 16th, 2015, 05:58 PM
The races are already included in the files, but the stock portfolios were never built. So if you want those they'd have to be constructed into a file of stock creatures, which would take a good deal of time and probably multiple portfolios compiled into one .stock file to make it happen.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #338 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 17th, 2015, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
The races are already included in the files, but the stock portfolios were never built. So if you want those they'd have to be constructed into a file of stock creatures, which would take a good deal of time and probably multiple portfolios compiled into one .stock file to make it happen.
Yep. This is something I've been considering as a second community set, but haven't gotten around to it. I know we need something like this for the encounter builder. Perhaps after the next release of the community set, I can start working on this.
Sendric is offline   #339 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 17th, 2015, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Yep. This is something I've been considering as a second community set, but haven't gotten around to it. I know we need something like this for the encounter builder. Perhaps after the next release of the community set, I can start working on this.
This is no small project to take on, mate. You should consider having some users of the software help out. Doling out the projects in terms of a solid breakdown will get it done faster. There are a few hundred monsters in the Monster Manual to tackle and it won't be a small feat to do the entire book.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #340 Reply With Quote