Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

woobyluv

Old May 25th, 2019, 11:00 AM
Ok, so I'm trying to upgrade a named magic item from the Giantslayer campaign, Heartspit. I'm trying to make it a +3 Keen Giant Bane Longspear with the added fun of Heartspit's critical effect.

In the editor I have it almost correct. I can't seem to get it to register a gold piece cost or register that the spear is sized for a large creature, which effects its damage dice. It also seems to want to not register as a melee weapon even though the tag has been checked.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
woobyluv is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old May 25th, 2019, 04:03 PM
The spear (Heartspit) already has a cost, is large and as a longspear is a melee weapon. Did you change the values?
I've just made a copy of Heartspit without changing anything (but source) and chosen it on a new hero. I can see a cost, large and its a melee weapon with reach.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
woobyluv

Old May 25th, 2019, 05:15 PM
How do you find the id code for specific items? That would be the easiest way to do it, sure, but I would also like to know how to do it from the editor for other modifications I would like to make down the road.
woobyluv is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old May 25th, 2019, 10:31 PM
In the editor, choose "New (Copy)" and put in the name of the item you want to use as a base - or want to look at the powers of. Searching by name is much easier than by id code. Look at what has been "ticked" or what scripts, etc have been used to see how existing items and powers work.
If that's not what you are looking for - can you be more specific about what exactly you need to do, or want to locate?

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.

Last edited by Dami; May 25th, 2019 at 10:37 PM.
Dami is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old May 26th, 2019, 10:16 AM
Also, have two copies of HL running.

One where you're viewing what you want, from a version that has the scripts and options enabled to make it work.

And another that you're copying that information onto.
You don't necessarily need to remember that information, more transcribe it.
Ualaa is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
woobyluv

Old July 30th, 2019, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the help guys
woobyluv is offline   #6 Reply With Quote