Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Andokai

Old April 25th, 2010, 08:37 AM
Hello there!
I'm new to this forum, and new to Hero Lab, too.
So, first of all: hi @ all.

Now I have a question, and it would be great, if I could get some help from you.
This weekend I was feeding Hero Lab with the characters of all my Players. This works exceptionally good! But to track fights, I also need some monsters. As long, as the enemys are NSC with classes there is no problem at all, but there are not much monsters from the Monster Manual included. With the editor I was able to add most of the monsters...

... BUT NOW COMES MY QUESTION:
How can I add a new natural weapon?? I know how to add a normal weapon, but it has to appear in the list of natural attacks! For an Example, I have a Yugoloth, Canoloth from Monster Manual III. This one has a tongue-attack, wich is not in the standard List.
Any ideas?

Kind regards
Nina
Andokai is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 26th, 2010, 02:51 PM
In this case, I would recommend adding a different, less common natural attack and renaming it. You might also need to modify the types of damage.

For example, there is no "wTail" listed as a natural attack, but Sivak Draconians have a tail attack. Instead I bootstrap the "wTentacle" natural attack and rename it. Also, since Tentacles deal Bludgeoning and Slashing, but my Tail attack is only Bludgeoning, I need to delete the Slashing tag.

I add this eval script to the race, at First 0

~ Rename to Tail
hero.child[wTentacle].field[livename].text = "Tail"
~ We do not do slashing damage
perform hero.child[wTentacle].delete[wType.S]
Lawful_g is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Andokai

Old April 27th, 2010, 08:12 AM
Thanks a lot for your answer! This is a really clever trick.
I will use this, to solve my problem!

But I understand, that it is not possible to directly add a new Natural Weapon? As their ID is, for example, wBite, I supposed, that theese are normal weapons, and tried to copy the wBite Weapon, but it is not included in the list. Is there a reason for it?

And do you now, where I can find a reference for the scripting language? I would like to take a look at the syntax, to understand better, what I'm doing there. If you didn't tell me, I wouldn't have known, that a statement like 'perform' exist! It is not included in the list of common scripts on page
file:///C:/program%20files%20%28x86%29/herolab/Data/d20/authoring/d20edithowto.htm
Is there any reference file?

Thanks again!
Nina
Andokai is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 27th, 2010, 09:20 AM
There is a wiki I hear, but I'm self trained, I don't know the web address. Truthfully, you can figure out most of it by looking at things already programmed in and experimenting.
Lawful_g is offline   #4 Reply With Quote