Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Mmurphy

Old August 27th, 2015, 06:39 PM
Can anyone provide an update on when the Kick starter stretch goals will become available? Particularly I am interested in the Grande Temple of Jing but any information is good.
Mmurphy is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old August 27th, 2015, 07:07 PM
Not until the Content Market is available. (No sharing means no shared content.)

Parody is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mmurphy

Old August 27th, 2015, 08:42 PM
Yes, the last I had heard was when the content market was in place as well. I probably should have asked a bit different of a question:

I have not payed much attention to Realm Works for about 6 months (it may be shorter or longer) mostly because I am waiting until the content market is up. Is there any estimates for when the content market will be up and when it gets up, any estimates on how long the kickstarter content will take to add? Until recently Lone Wolf has been very silent on time schedules so I have not asked and have almost given up (ie, un-installed the program). With Mathis giving a general timeline for Shadowrun stuff (HeroLabs) I am hoping the silence can finally be broken.

It has been a bit more than 2 years since I got realm works and am not using it at this point, other than 'logging in to upgrade' hoping the content market is there I don't think I have used it or added anything for about 6 months or more. I would like to change that but keep running into the same issues; how are others setting it up? The videos I have watched are a bit too 'do it however you like'. I would like to see a 'professional' setup. I can take what I like and discard what I don't, however right now I have no basis to start from.

I understand any time estimate will only be an estimate. As I said earlier, Mathis give a bit of a time schedule for shadow-run and then updated what he said by adding a week to the time. At least now, for hero labs, I have some idea when to look for new content instead of logging in every 2-3 days to see if anything has happened and mostly being disappointed when I see nothing.
Mmurphy is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old August 27th, 2015, 09:32 PM
As far as I know, there has been no new estimate shared publicly for when sharing and the Content Market will be available. We know it's the priority, but when? Hopefully soon. The end of the month is coming up, so perhaps we'll get a new estimate with the next newsletter, or perhaps the LWD folks will pop into the thread with some info.

Wish I had better news for you.

Parody is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old August 28th, 2015, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmurphy View Post
It has been a bit more than 2 years since I got realm works and am not using it at this point, other than 'logging in to upgrade' hoping the content market is there I don't think I have used it or added anything for about 6 months or more. I would like to change that but keep running into the same issues; how are others setting it up? The videos I have watched are a bit too 'do it however you like'. I would like to see a 'professional' setup. I can take what I like and discard what I don't, however right now I have no basis to start from.
There are a lot of threads about how to get started, where to go after that and how people do various things in RW.

They might be a good place to start; a lot of people come with some nice thoughts, ideas and explanations.

Take a look at the following (in no particular order and just the seven first I found):

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...ht=realm+works

I haven't read through them to see if they address exactly what you are looking for, but there will probably be something worth reading :-)

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old August 28th, 2015, 03:08 PM
I think Mmurphy's point is that he wants to see an "official" organization, rather than suggested ones of other users.

I'm not on the Realmworks team, so though I have heard an estimate for when Content Market will be live I'm a secondhand source and not comfortable sharing that. Do keep in mind that different sides of the company may have different comfort levels as far as making promises or sharing progress reports. I'll at least point Liz at this thread so she can tell you whatever she can.
Aaron is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 28th, 2015, 04:13 PM
We have not given an estimate for the Content Market, so you haven't missed anything. However, everyone is right on when they say that it's the top priority (along with the web access).

Quote:
I understand any time estimate will only be an estimate. As I said earlier, Mathis give a bit of a time schedule for shadow-run and then updated what he said by adding a week to the time. At least now, for hero labs, I have some idea when to look for new content instead of logging in every 2-3 days to see if anything has happened and mostly being disappointed when I see nothing.
Data file development for Hero Lab and development for Realm Works are entirely different and cannot be compared. I actually talk about development and estimates in a longer post here, which I encourage you to read.

However, I'll reiterate one part in particular. Realm Works is different from anything else we've done. Specifically, "(1) we’re building this from the ground up, (2) it’s huge and complex, and (3) it’s breaking new ground that other programs haven’t touched before. Because of this, there are many unknowns that we don’t run into with our other products, like Hero Lab or Army Builder." This makes it incredibly difficult to give estimates like we can for data file development. Again, I encourage you to read my whole post. I hope that clarifies things.
liz is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old August 31st, 2015, 09:47 AM
This is one great thread to see others work:

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=52565

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old September 4th, 2015, 10:08 AM
Quote:
It has been a bit more than 2 years since I got realm works and am not using it at this point...
My question is WHY?!? There is more to the program than the Content Market. As a GM it helps keep things organized even if you're a Module Queen like me. It also will take some time to lean and understand so please go through the links everyone shared with you and dust off the program. There's plenty for you to do before Content Market comes out. You may even loose track of time making Content Market seem to arrive quicker.
ruhar is offline   #9 Reply With Quote