Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds

Notices

Adran06

Old September 3rd, 2017, 07:59 PM
So, I've got a Summon effect with Multiple Minions 3 for a total of 8 minions. It only shows 5 (even on the Minion tab). Help?
Adran06 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old September 4th, 2017, 09:02 PM
As I recall, its not so much a bug as a limitation of the program; it can only handle a maximum number of minions.
Paragon is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 5th, 2017, 06:01 AM
And it's one that can be bypassed via the editor by adding additional bootstraps to the power. That said, for minions, unless they're different, I've found that it's often easier to represent them as, say, "Velociraptors x4" and "Fiendish Puppets x4" and just adjusting that name as they go down, since they always suffer the worst results.
Duggan is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old September 5th, 2017, 12:33 PM
Yeah. There's usually no need to have a separate entry for each one (that's true for non-Wild Cards in Savage Worlds, too).
Paragon is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
adran07

Old September 6th, 2017, 01:03 AM
Since the stupid site locked me out of my other account for 24 hours and I'm not patient, I've been forced to make an extra account :/

The reason I wanted more than 5 minions is because they're Heroic Minions and there's 8 of them, each one meant to be unique.

What did you mean by "adding additional bootstraps"? That sentence doesn't make any sense.
adran07 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 6th, 2017, 10:47 AM
Go into the Editor. Start a new data file. Go to the Power tab. Copy the Summon power (New (Copy) and select Summon. Note the original ID (pwSummon) if you want to replace the existing Summon with your version and put that ID in the "Replaces Thing Id" field. If you don't replace the old one, I highly recommend changing the Power name so that you can tell which is which. Provide an ID, something like "pwSummon2".

Off to the right, you'll see a button labeled Bootstraps. Click on it. You can see that five minions are bootstrapped (automatically added). You're going to add three more. But first, you'll notice that two buttons are highlighted, showing that there's settings under them. The Tags one is easy. You're just going to replicate that text for each new bootstrap. The Condition is slightly different for each one, but the pattern is simple. The item only gets bootstrapped if we have that many minions available, and the Summon power is active. Note down the condition text ("(fieldval:minTotal >= 5) & (fieldval:minParActv <> 0)" for the last one) and the Timing details. Replicate everything for each bootstrap, but increase that value that you're checking minTotal against. Save the data file and click on Test Now to try it out.

Or, if you're comfortable with working with XML, you can just copy the power, assign the ID, and then directly edit the .user file in your favorite plaintext editor. You'll be taking the "<bootstrap>" entries and duplicating them with the requisite changes. So something like the following:

Code:
<bootstrap thing="Minion">
      <containerreq phase="Initialize" priority="2000" name="Minion Bootstrap"><![CDATA[
        (fieldval:minTotal >= 1) & (fieldval:minParActv <> 0)]]>
        <after name="Parents Set Active"/>
        </containerreq>
      <autotag group="Hero" tag="PLFromPwr"/>
      </bootstrap>
      <containerreq phase="Initialize" priority="2000" name="Minion Bootstrap"><![CDATA[
        (fieldval:minTotal >= 2) & (fieldval:minParActv <> 0)]]>
        </containerreq>
      </bootstrap>
        (fieldval:minTotal >= 3) & (fieldval:minParActv <> 0)]]>
        </containerreq>
      </bootstrap>
        (fieldval:minTotal >= 4) & (fieldval:minParActv <> 0)]]>
        </containerreq>
      </bootstrap>
        (fieldval:minTotal >= 5) & (fieldval:minParActv <> 0)]]>
        </containerreq>
      </bootstrap>
        (fieldval:minTotal >= 6) & (fieldval:minParActv <> 0)]]>
        </containerreq>
      </bootstrap>
        (fieldval:minTotal >= 7) & (fieldval:minParActv <> 0)]]>
        </containerreq>
      </bootstrap>
        (fieldval:minTotal >= 8) & (fieldval:minParActv <> 0)]]>
        </containerreq>
      </bootstrap>
Duggan is offline   #6 Reply With Quote