Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Farling

Old May 18th, 2021, 11:38 PM
The new version 0.1.2 has a better error message, and after some browser testing it seems that there is a file size limit of 512 MB.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
nightpanda2810

Old May 19th, 2021, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
The new version 0.1.2 has a better error message, and after some browser testing it seems that there is a file size limit of 512 MB.
What would be the best way to split or reduce the output file, or some other way for larger files?

Realmworks Template Management
nightpanda2810 is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old May 19th, 2021, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightpanda2810 View Post
What would be the best way to split or reduce the output file, or some other way for larger files?
The only way to do it would be to create two or more partial outputs from Realm Works.

You could try all topics and all mechanics are two separate outputs; to see how big each half is. (Although linking would only work between the two sets based on exact name match.)

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Farling is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old May 20th, 2021, 04:17 AM
I haven't had time to look at your code, yet, or what is generally possible with the foundry modules, but just a quick idea from the road: would splitting up the string data after the file has been picked and before allocating them to variables be a solution?
It should not be to problematic to change the code part the turns that massive string into foundry entities to iterate over multiple variables instead of just parsing one, or so I guess.

Find my stuff on

_|_ F i c t i o n a l m a p s . c o m _|_ D r i v e t h r u R P G _|_
Merion is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old May 20th, 2021, 04:19 AM
*edit
removed double post - forum acting up lately
*/edit*

Find my stuff on

Merion is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old May 20th, 2021, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merion View Post
I haven't had time to look at your code, yet, or what is generally possible with the foundry modules, but just a quick idea from the road: would splitting up the string data after the file has been picked and before allocating them to variables be a solution?
It should not be to problematic to change the code part the turns that massive string into foundry entities to iterate over multiple variables instead of just parsing one, or so I guess.
It is something for me to look at, but I am using DOMParser to do the XML conversion, and it needs to be given the complete string. I am considering manual processing to get into the "contents" part of the XML file and read each topic element one at a time from the file (assuming there isn't a single top-level topic element under which all other elements are children).

My main focus at the moment is getting the general conversion working better for files which can be loaded (< 512 MB).

At least it only uses the RWoutput file, rather then the RWexport file which is MUCH larger! :-)

Farling

Farling is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old May 20th, 2021, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merion View Post
*edit
removed double post - forum acting up lately
*/edit*
I get this EVERY SINGLE TIME!

And have done for the past year.

Farling

Farling is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old May 27th, 2021, 11:38 AM
Version 0.2.1

I've just put out a new version that I've been working on in the past week.

It will create a Scene for each smart image in your Realm Works file, and all map pins will be linked to the journal entry for their topic.

For Pathfinder 1st edition game systems, it will create Actors and will set the correct ability scores, skill ranks and feats. (Other features will be added in the future.)

All journal entries are now placed in the Journal tab, not the compendium, but they are arranged under one top-level heading and a sub-heading based on the Realm Works Category that the topic was in.

All embedded files in the Realm Works file (other than RTF, HTML and POR files) are stored as external files in the world folder in a sub-folder called "realmworksimports". In the future this directory will be customisable, and will be able to be pointed to AWS-S3 storage.

Farling

Last edited by Farling; May 27th, 2021 at 11:40 AM.
Farling is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old May 29th, 2021, 02:46 AM
Version 0.2.3

Now it will work with files bigger than 512 MB.

Images are also extracted from embedded HL portfolio files for use as the image of the Actor.

Firefox didn't do very good memory management, so I would avoid that if possible when doing the upload.

Farling

Farling is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old May 30th, 2021, 05:03 AM
Fantastic work! Today I uploaded my 1.2GB realm while I was mowing the lawn (made the mistake of using firefox, but still went through fine when I came back). Super happy with the result!

Two minor questions:
a) I do keep wokring on my realm and so I will have to do an update of the imported content at some time. I guess that's what the "delete existing content" checkbox is for, right? So it deletes the content and replaces it with the newer version. Is the tool smart enough (yet) to only replace the ones who have changed? Can that even be detected? Because that might speed up things quite a bit. The part where I decided to do something different in the meantime was when creating 1500+ journal entries seem to take rather long ;-)
b) I pften use GM Directions on map pins, like "this door is locked and needs a lockpicking check DC 20 to open". Those don't seem to be displayed anywhere. Maybe adding a journal entry where those are stored may be an option? Or did I simply miss them?

Find my stuff on

Merion is offline   #20 Reply With Quote