Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Kendall-DM
Spy

Old August 15th, 2012, 09:02 PM
I've been working with an idea for the tactical console to automate a few things. So far everything is going off as I'd like, but I'm curious about one thing. Is there a way to access the current round from the hero state? I can access the tactical tidbits stored on the hero, but wondered if there was a field I could access within the console itself that would indicate the current round? Just a hair-brained idea on how to improve the tactical console with a script rather than through hard coding, but I need to know if I can access things within the console itself. I know it's a long shot, but anyone know?
Kendall-DM is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old August 15th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Nevermind, found it.
Kendall-DM is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old August 15th, 2012, 10:26 PM
Well, I have a working counter... sort of. I can get the counter to decrement the rounds, but I still have no way to determine the current round non-dynamically. I could use the incrementer, but that has some use beyond setting the round. Because of the dynamic nature of the fields in the tactical console, it doesn't work as I intended. However I was able to shortcut a little bit by setting the Duration in the duration field and having it display that duration to the Notes window. I still believe I can do something here, but it might be a bit of work before I get there. New ideas already percolating in my brain pan.
Kendall-DM is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old August 15th, 2012, 11:08 PM
Ah, there's a field that is being used in the Tactical Console, but I can't seem to figure out what it is. The herofield[tactNotes].text appends to it to add the conditions checked, anyone know what this field is? It's like the field[descript].text for the live field[CustDesc].text in Specials, it's not listed in the field list but it exists. What is this field for the hero that relates to herofield[tactNotes].text? If I can get this, I have this nailed down!
Kendall-DM is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old August 16th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Any of the powers that be have any insight on this?
Kendall-DM is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Lord Magus

Old August 17th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
Any of the powers that be have any insight on this?
I think most of them are currently at GenCon until Sunday. At least, Mathias and Aaron are there (had the pleasure of chatting with them!)
Lord Magus is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old August 17th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Oh yeah, forgot about that. D'oh!
Kendall-DM is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old August 18th, 2012, 04:45 AM
Monday is meetings and travel as well, so we'll be back in the office on Tuesday. Just heading out the door to the convention center, no time to post further but I'll see you in a few days.
Aaron is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old August 21st, 2012, 09:14 AM
I've looked into this and the Condition text in green at the bottom of the tactical console is generated by the tacSummary portal itself, which I don't think you can manipulate. It pulls from the "tacDefer" field first, then appends the tagnames for any Condition tags on the hero, and then appends the "tactNotes" field text to generate the text.
Aaron is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old August 21st, 2012, 11:17 AM
Hmmm, are you sure there is no field I can manipulate like a Summary. I have the counter working, but I can't have the tactNotes field append to itself (it grows exponentially long repeating itself). I need to append to a summary field of some type. I have the conditions working with the counter, but I would like to get the tactNotes to work with the counter. For that, I would need to append to something that isn't tactNotes. If I get this to work, we would have a way to tick off rounds perfectly. Hmmmm, there has got to be a way...
Kendall-DM is offline   #10 Reply With Quote