Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Alternity (user-created)

Notices

evildmguy

Old March 12th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Greetings!

State of the system.

I think my big item at this moment is the advances. I think I have the skill advances working, and costing xp entered from the journal screen, but am doing more testing. I was thinking of pushing this out but realized I want more testing time. And I still need to do the ability score advances.

I have added cybertech and mutations to the character sheet on page two. I have also put the spillover of skills onto page two.

I have done a lot of little things for visual cues, like the situation die modifier and some other things. Updated the skill summary panel with visual cues.

Found several things that I never fully implemented, such as the correct tags on things, and so have gone back and fixed those.

More to do, always more to do, but I'm happy with what I have so far and am working to cram more into it.

I'm also trying to think about future things as well and how to make sure things are set up for that as best as I can. I'm thinking of optional rules, such as different starting skill points, and other house rules. I know I used a few house rules for my current group and so I'm thinking about how to implement that but also as something for anyone to use.

edg
evildmguy is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old March 12th, 2013, 11:31 AM
You are one hard working person, I look forward to the next release, Take your time - No rush get it where you want it. I think I speak for a lot of us when I say make it the best Alternity program out there. Keep up the great work.

JBear
jbearwillis is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
evildmguy

Old March 12th, 2013, 05:09 PM
Thanks!

I do want to make sure I am at least aware of things. Maybe I can't do what I need now but I want to make sure I minimize the impact down the road.

For example, implementing Dateware. (Now, I know that there are questions about how good it is but those aside.) It would seem that to build a Robot requires its own set of creation rules. Or creating an AI has extra stuff but I think that could be an extra tab. Maybe that's all a Robot ends up being as well for anything special.

Or any of the extra books or settings. Is there anything that is really different? I notice that Gamma world uses different PLs, as another example. It's those kind of details that I at least want to see once.

Okay, back to it!

edg
evildmguy is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
evildmguy

Old March 22nd, 2013, 06:48 AM
I have added a lot for this release. I am currently running a modern Dark*Matter game and had a situation where the players would be running SCMs instead of their own characters for something. To that end, I used my .9 version to write up the SCMs, print out the character sheets, and hand them off the players.

Wow. Quite the eye opener.

I making the SCMs, it really showcased to me several things that were missing, either in the creator or on the character sheet. And even that couldn't prepare me for how much more feedback I got on the character sheet from my players! (I'm hoping to MAKE them start using this for their characters as soon as I can to get more feedback! ) I was missing obvious things on the sheet, other things weren't very visible or obvious and other other things needed done differently.

I was already happy with what I had accomplished for this release but am now even more happy about what I'm doing now! I'm really busy with other things but am looking forward to how much I can get into this release before next week.

edg
evildmguy is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old March 22nd, 2013, 04:12 PM
Man, looking forward to see what you have done, but waiting patiently.
jbearwillis is online now   #5 Reply With Quote
evildmguy

Old March 25th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Here is the character sheet that I created from current .9 code.

Comments and suggestions welcome!

edg
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Frank.pdf (251.1 KB, 2 views)
evildmguy is offline   #6 Reply With Quote