Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Parody

Old January 10th, 2016, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
Understood, but rarely has taking screen shot been an issue. Copying from Acrobat and insterting into RW from clipboard is much more convenient than going through a separate image editor. It has only been an issue with images from one PDF.
As long as you're happy with the results, then great! The PDFs I've been using can do better than 72 DPI at the largest I can make the window, though. (Edit: Not always, as I have good monitors on my main computer, but still easier than making a giant window and zooming way in on one image.)

There's also taking maps out without the location markers so I can use them for players.

Quote:
I didn't know it was cancelled. Where did you read that?
I typed Skitch into Google and articles about it were on the first page, including this blog post on Evernote's website. I guess it's still going on the Mac so it's only "mostly canceled", but we're pretty Windows-oriented around here.

Quote:
What is nice with skitch though is that I can quickly save to an image file without having have it saved in Evernote. It also has some nice, simple markup features.
I used to use a fancy screenshot program with all sorts of control over the results back when I wrote video game reviews, but I just don't need that stuff anymore.

Last edited by Parody; January 10th, 2016 at 12:33 PM.
Parody is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old January 10th, 2016, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
I typed Skitch into Google and articles about it were on the first page, including this blog post on Evernote's website. I guess it's still going on the Mac so it's only "mostly canceled", but we're pretty Windows-oriented around here.
Wow. I don't mind clearly going away, the Evernote Web Clipper's "simplified article" feature works fine for me, but Skitch was very handy.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old January 10th, 2016, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Wow. I don't mind clearly going away, the Evernote Web Clipper's "simplified article" feature works fine for me, but Skitch was very handy.
Sorry. At least Windows apps tend to keep working for a long time, so keep that installer around.

Parody is offline   #13 Reply With Quote