Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

cpt-safety

Old March 31st, 2014, 06:36 AM
Hi. I added a staff that my character found in a dungeon. My DM gave me the specs and I added it to HL and I've been using it fine for a few months. My computer recently went down and I had to reinstall Hero Lab a few weeks ago. At this weekend's game, my iPad character sheet did not include my custom staff. When I got home, I re-imported the staff into my computer's version of HL, updated HL and reconfigured HL for our campaign. No errors so far in HL on my computer. I copied my character from my iPad, opened it in HL on the computer and added the staff back in without a problem. I saved the character and updated him on my iPad. When I tried to open him on the iPad (several times, btw), I get a "Pick 'SoElectric' [Staff of Electricity] has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '727'" and two of the spells in the device also had "missing bootstrap batch '727'" errors. What's going on? Do I need to remake the staff since the update? Is it en error related to one of the spells.

Incidentally, 4 or 5 sessions ago, there was only one player with HL on an iPad - now all of us have the new tech. Liking HL very much.

-Bill
cpt-safety is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 31st, 2014, 02:25 PM
Once you created a .user file that acts just like any other addon. So for your character to have access to this custom staff you made in the editor you have to have the .user file on that computer/device. This includes the iPad.

The "staff" is not saved into the .por file just the "reference" to it is saved (ie the "SoElectric") Thing ID.

You have to create a .hl file (ie Package) and load that to the iPad so your iPad knows what "SoElectric" is.

HERE is the link to LW's help on how to do the above.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
cpt-safety

Old April 1st, 2014, 04:22 AM
Thank you. I do remember now that I had done this before, but I haven't done this since my OS and HL reinstall. Thanks.
cpt-safety is offline   #3 Reply With Quote