Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Somahan

Old March 2nd, 2013, 10:07 PM
Probably only once our NDAs are sorted, obviously the beta forum is private for a reason
Somahan is offline   #81 Reply With Quote
Ghardi

Old March 3rd, 2013, 04:11 PM
Another howler checking in
Ghardi is offline   #82 Reply With Quote
Thrantor

Old March 4th, 2013, 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
We appreciate the excitement, but we're still collecting paperwork from everyone. We won't be actually adding anyone to the Beta team until mid-March.
WOOO!!! It's March... Come on mid March... Daddy needs a new piece of software.
Thrantor is offline   #83 Reply With Quote
numbat1

Old March 5th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Hello everyone,
another Howler checking in. This is my first post to these forums, just joined. I am also relatively new to Hero Lab and recently returned to gaming after an hiatus of a few decades (yeah, I am showing my age).

I expect I'll be the one to make all the newbie mistakes and work out how it breaks that way. :-)

Nice to meet the gang. Looking forward to being an active part of the project.

To the development team: nice timing, thanks for the birthday present. :-)
numbat1 is offline   #84 Reply With Quote
Aragoth

Old March 6th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Howler checking in!
Aragoth is offline   #85 Reply With Quote
Ladyofdragons

Old March 7th, 2013, 04:27 AM
Life seems strangely quiet now that I'm not checking the kickstarter every 15 minutes...

-------------------------------------
"...You're going to backstab him with a ballista?"
Ladyofdragons is offline   #86 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old March 7th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyofdragons View Post
Life seems strangely quiet now that I'm not checking the kickstarter every 15 minutes...

LOL, i know what you mean. Im so much more productive these days. That Im sure will change after the middle of march.
mirtos is offline   #87 Reply With Quote
Thrantor

Old March 7th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirtos View Post
LOL, i know what you mean. Im so much more productive these days. That Im sure will change after the middle of march.
My bosses will hate the idea of me suddenly having to enter in TONS of data to the system. My productivity will take a nose dive.

Oh, Rob... what are the sizes of RealmWork campaign files. Generally? A couple gig? 400mg? 2 TB!!!!
Thrantor is offline   #88 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 7th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrantor View Post
Oh, Rob... what are the sizes of RealmWork campaign files. Generally? A couple gig? 400mg? 2 TB!!!!
It completely depends on you and your campaign. Seriously, the single biggest factor will be the images and other non-text content that you manage in your realms. Text is tiny by comparison. One map image can easily consume the space of scores of pages of text.

For all that content, you can control the storage requirements by taking steps to decrease its size. For example, you can control the resolution and compression methods used on images. Do you need a 300dpi image for viewing on the screen? Probably not. If you drop an image from 300dpi to 100dpi, you may be plenty happy with the image quality on the screen and save yourself almost 10 times the storage space!

So you'll be in charge of all that.
rob is offline   #89 Reply With Quote
Thrantor

Old March 8th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
It completely depends on you and your campaign. Seriously, the single biggest factor will be the images and other non-text content that you manage in your realms. Text is tiny by comparison. One map image can easily consume the space of scores of pages of text.
True enough... Mostly wondering because I'll likely use dropbox to keep my two machines in sync with the background database file(s).

Would there be any issues with this? Licensing etc? Like with Hero Labs, I've got 4 computers(maybe 3... I think the other one is) licenses for use. I use Dropbox to share the portfolios amongst all three(four). From the sounds though, Realm Works will be one initial upfront license and then, assuming cloud support, usage fees. So I should be able to share my RW files(until cloud sync works) by way of Dropbox?
Thrantor is offline   #90 Reply With Quote