Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 21st, 2018, 12:24 PM
To add to all this. I am almost positive if you create "new" human races you will run into issues. The scripting language has too many ways of checking for a race to be live. Meaning using "Counts as Race" human will most likely only net you catching 80% of the stuff you need to see your race as human. As you try and add feats, spells, equipment, etc something is going to not see your new race as the core human race.

I said use an ART (Alternate Racial Trait) with the subrace feature to make sure you are 100% always counted as a human. I brought up FCBs as an example that you will have to specifically code for to allow Favored Class Bonuses to work for you new races. Where if you just modified the existing Human race you would not have to worry about FCB's.

Hopefully you are fully informed now about your options.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #11 Reply With Quote