Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

ruhar

Old May 10th, 2016, 10:17 PM
I would like to have a tool similar to the polygonal lasso tool in Photoshop to help draw the line of sight for map reveal.
ruhar is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Gord

Old May 14th, 2016, 09:14 AM
I think Rob has said that this is more of a virtual tabletop feature like in Roll 20 and that they will not be doing it. I could be confusing this with other VTT statements though.
Gord is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old May 14th, 2016, 11:13 AM
It might just a request to have a reveal tool that is a polygon rather than only being allowed a circle.

A square would allow walls to be revealed more easily to try and hide where there is a secret door :-)
Farling is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old May 14th, 2016, 12:57 PM
We only have a circle and a square to use to reveal parts of a map. With a polygon lasso you can click where the party/character is and drag a straight line at any angle along the sight line. You can also drag along the edge of a non-square/non-circular item that is blocking part of the line of sight.
ruhar is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old May 14th, 2016, 06:23 PM
magic wand like in some paint tools would be nice

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
JustinThomason

Old May 15th, 2016, 10:16 AM
+1 to this. I could see a lot of potential use cases for a "define your own polygon" type reveal.
JustinThomason is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old May 15th, 2016, 08:24 PM
+1 to this

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 16th, 2016, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
I think Rob has said that this is more of a virtual tabletop feature like in Roll 20 and that they will not be doing it. I could be confusing this with other VTT statements though.
Manually drawing something like this falls in the realm of possibility to be added. Things like light sources and detecting objects that interrupt the light sources falls squarely outside our focus and in the domain of a true VTT.

There's always going to be a bit of overlap between Realm Works and VTTs. However, there are some things we will clearly not be pursuing until we run out of things to do on the campaign management side. This doesn't happen to be one of those...
rob is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
jkthomsen9

Old June 8th, 2016, 04:16 PM
+1 to this.
jkthomsen9 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old June 20th, 2016, 03:43 PM
+1...

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #10 Reply With Quote