Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Sturm

Old January 24th, 2019, 08:26 PM
I've been trying to use Hero Lab for my Interface Zero 2.0 character, but it appears to be lacking a key feature: The ability to upgrade your TAP's firewall rating. I could be just dumb and not know where to find this, so if that's the case, please point me in the right direction.

If I'm right, however, then I am attempting to add it in using the Hero Lab Editor. I would need to create 5 items for Equipment, each one corresponding to a Firewall rating above 4: 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9. They would cost, according to the Player's Guide, 10,000 credits for each point above 4. However, they are not added to the TAP's Firewall; rather, each Firewall Upgrade sets the Firewall to that exact value. So if you paid 30,000c for a Firewall upgrade to 7, then you later wanted a Firewall upgrade to 9, you'd have to spring for the full 50,000c; not 20,000c.

So how should the Eval Script be, in this case? Using this does not work:

Code:
#traitinplay[trIZFirewa] = 6
I figure timing might be an issue since, in the "Pre-Traits" phase, it just adds 6 to the character's Firewall. Same with the "Traits" phase. I guess that's because the Firewall starts at 0. The later "base" value of 4 is then added to it. The next phase, "Final," is too late, I guess; it doesn't affect the Firewall rating at all.

Is there any way for this new piece of equipment I'm creating to "set" the base Firewall value to 5, 6, 7, 8, or 9 instead of 0? What am I missing?
Sturm is offline   #1 Reply With Quote