Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Exmortis

Old October 3rd, 2014, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
Life is filled with difficult choices. The more utility/use/pleasure I get from something, the more I'm willing to pay.

I used to justify purchases by comparing them to my cable bill. At $100/30, that's about $3/day. Will I get as much use from whatever I'm purchasing? Will it make me as happy? Will I save as much time? But of course, when using this comparison, can I afford another "cable" bill...?

That all said, I do remember my high school and college days -- the first 10 years of my gaming. Every single dollar had to be accounted for and the simple pleasures simply didn't exist. A student or charter member rate would be appreciated that offers minimal access and support. Build a loyal base and they may surprise you....
I ditched my $168 cable bill, not worth the cash. I replace it with 7.99 netflix. So I have a few extra bucks a month to spend before I surpass it. However I also have a bad habit of buying more toys than I can easily afford, so I get it.

And yes I remember those days in school too, your allowance and paper route money didn't go far, however pen and paper gaming is a cheap hobby all things considered; cash outlay needed vs time enjoyed. I mean few books, pens, paper, dice, coloured pencils and your good to go, everything else is just nice to have.

But a cheap cloud solution could just be a big winner. Just think free is too much to ask.
Exmortis is offline   #12 Reply With Quote