Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sturmrider

Old April 21st, 2017, 05:04 AM
Thank you everyone for any help you cna provide on these problems. I am trying to create a Green Slaad, it is based on the one found here:

http://thecreaturechronicle.tumblr.c...33/slaad-green

I am working in the create character; Beastiary Monster Creation mode. A few of the issues I have come upon are the Special Attack Croak of Chaos, and Ranged attack Bolt of Chaos. Neither are in the SRD even so I am trying to figure out if I have to create them in the file editor or if there is a method within the area I am working.

I have got a lot of it done and I am trying to finish it in this mode, but if necessayr will go to the Editor. Let me know best path to follow. Thank you again.
Sturmrider is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old April 21st, 2017, 06:15 AM
To add special abilities, you will have to go into the editor
ErinRigh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old April 21st, 2017, 06:17 AM
And why green slaad, why not tossed slaad, or chef slaad, or the infamous Caesar Slaad?
ErinRigh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sturmrider

Old April 21st, 2017, 06:34 AM
I used to run Monkey God Enterprises and there was a module we were not able to get out. It included a Green Slaad. I am trying to put it together in Hero Lab and then might pursue trying to get it out in pdf form with the Hero Lab connection.
Sturmrider is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old April 21st, 2017, 08:55 AM
If you need help translating it to Realm Works, I could lend a hand
ErinRigh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old April 21st, 2017, 10:31 AM
Asian Chicken Slaad.

This is not the slaad of my people...
Aaron is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old April 21st, 2017, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturmrider View Post
I used to run Monkey God Enterprises and there was a module we were not able to get out. It included a Green Slaad. I am trying to put it together in Hero Lab and then might pursue trying to get it out in pdf form with the Hero Lab connection.
If you plan to sell something, I think the Bestiary Monster Creator mode is more for prototyping and one-off use... I don't think it creates legitimate re-usable race entries. That's something you would use the editor for.

Separately, I am pretty sure Green Slaad (as well as Red Slaad, Blue Slaad, and Grey Slaad) are not available to use in 3pp products. There is no legitimate Pathfinder version to use because they are held as Intellectual Property of Wizards of the Coast.

If they were legitimate to use, they would have been in the Tome of Horrors series from Necromancer Games for 3.5, or the revised Tome of Horrors Complete and Tome of Horrors 4 for Pathfinder. Those volumes contain the Slaad Lords Ssendam and Ygorl which, unlike the common Slaadi, were allowed for use.

Anyway, if you plan to sell this later, you should really verify that Green Slaad can be used before you do too much work on them.
Silveras is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 21st, 2017, 01:17 PM
Back to the original question, at the very bottom of the tab is "New Abilities (unique to this race)". If all you want to do is get the text looking right, and maybe add a DC or uses/day, that can handle it. If you want to apply game effects for those abilities, you will need to use the editor to code those, and then you can select the newly created abilities in the appropriate table.

Looks like Croak of Chaos should be fine, but in order to get an attack showing for Chaos bolt on the ranged attacks line of the statblock, you'll need to use the editor to create that one.

On the other hand, as long as you're creating the one, an ability that is only text, DC, and the descriptions from a spell and a feat will be simple to create alongside it, and if any other Slaad use these same abilities, that'll save you time later. Creating it in the editor also gives you the opportunity to select the spell info and description info options for the things this ability references, which will save your users time looking up the descriptions of those abilities.
Mathias is online now   #8 Reply With Quote