Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Daggaroth

Old April 5th, 2017, 05:04 PM
Greetings!

I just recently got the d20 system for Hero Lab to build my very first DnD character!

My friend the DM helped me setup a character via the Hero Forge excel spreadsheet and a bit on paper as well and I was moving things over to Hero Lab and I encountered something I haven't been able to figure out.

Among my characters weapons is a bow that has the ability True Strike: Once a day, add +20 to one "to hit" roll. However, I cannot for the life of me seem to figure out how to add this into Hero Lab.

Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time and effort in responding to this question.

Bonus side question: In the Hero forge spreadsheet it lists longbows as having damage 2d6+1 and in Hero Lab it shows 1d8+1, which is the more accurate number?
Daggaroth is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old April 6th, 2017, 12:17 AM
1. Your bow with True Strike is a custom item that isn't something that you can just equip in Hero Lab. You could create the bow with it's special power with the Hero Lab editor.

2. A medium size Longbow does 1d8 damage in d20. It sounds like your spreadsheet is in error, or somehow its showing a 'large' longbow.
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Daggaroth

Old April 8th, 2017, 09:55 AM
Thank you! is there a way to import a standard longbow in the Hero Lab Editor and then make the necessary adjustments? or will I just have to go through and make it from scratch? I don't want to miss some attribute or check a box that I am not familiar with when creating this modified longbow.

Thank you again for your help Dami!
Daggaroth is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old April 8th, 2017, 06:42 PM
Yes & No! I loaded the editor to check this, and realised I've never made a magic weapon for d20. It's not quite as simple as other items, but not hard to work out. Doing it from scratch would take a little more work to make sure you didn't miss anything important. I've made the item for you (attached) and here's how I did it.

In the editor, under Equipment / Weapon, Magic:
Use "New (Copy)" to copy an existing item ("Bow of Songs") and change the name and ID code. Change the weight to that of a longbow. (Assuming MW, removed the Enhancement bonus) Click on "Counts as Weapon" and select Longbow, remove the "Source". Modified "Gizmo" bootstrap to Longbow. Added 1/charge a day and show on Tracked Resources.
I did cost calculations as if its a masterwork weapon, with Quickened Truestrike (1 charge/day) added. A standard Truestrike spell would make it much cheaper, but it would be a standard action to activate the spell-effect.

If your bow is +1, then you can edit the file to set the "Enhancement Bonus" to 1, and increase the cost by 2000gp.
To use - put the user file into your HL/data/d20 folder.
Attached Files
File Type: email Bow Truestrike d20.user (1.2 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by Dami; April 8th, 2017 at 06:45 PM. Reason: More detail
Dami is offline   #4 Reply With Quote