Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Kendall-DM
Spy

Old February 21st, 2021, 09:50 AM
I'm back! Gotta make the move to HL for 5E. How comprehensive is the 5E community pack? (87 pages to review is just me being too lazy to go through them all.)

Also, I'm open to any community scripting as well, once I'm fully back in.
Kendall-DM is offline   #871 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old February 22nd, 2021, 05:54 AM
The Community Pack currently has all virtually all player options (races/subraces, classes/subclasses, backgrounds*, feats, supernatural gifts, variant class/race features, spells, etc.) The stuff that's missing is items and monsters from various sourcebooks dating back a few years. Also, we have patch notes on the GitHub that are a lot shorter than these 88 pages, in case you want to read through them.

Most of the outstanding stuff is currently in a WIP state in one form or another. I'm the only person currently working on stuff (that I know of), and I am tackling things in large batches; IE I have much of the basics of the uncompleted monsters and items built out. The remaining work for items is programming their specific functions, and the work left for the monsters is matching batch-created abilities to the specific monsters, creating the stock files, and tweaking them for anything else my batch processes didn't cover.

If you have an interest in working on something specific, let me know and I can upload the WIP version of it to a branch on the GitHub for you to pull down and have at it. We'd probably need to get together over Discord or something if you want to do monsters, so I can show you how they're currently set up and how to finish them off, since I don't want you to have to do some things that are already done. I'd be very happy to have help!

*With the exception of a few adventure-specific backgrounds, like Acquisitions, Inc. and Baldur's Gate. If anyone needs these, I can prioritize them for release.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!

Last edited by Fenris447; February 22nd, 2021 at 06:39 AM.
Fenris447 is offline   #872 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old February 25th, 2021, 06:08 AM
So I just discovered that the Battle Balloon and Mechanical Beholder vehicles from noAcquisitions, Inc. were never uploaded to the pack, depsite the fact that I said they were included in release 3.0. Nobody has said anything, so I probably could have gotten away with just sneaking it into 3.1. But it's my mistake to own! So sorry, guys.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!

Last edited by Fenris447; February 25th, 2021 at 07:57 AM.
Fenris447 is offline   #873 Reply With Quote
ShadowRose

Old February 28th, 2021, 08:35 PM
You shouldn't worry so much haha
I don't think anyone's going to complain, you do great work and you've been doing it largely by yourself. Besides, if no one said anything, then I imagine noone even noticed
ShadowRose is offline   #874 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old March 1st, 2021, 07:47 AM
Here's a status update on Release 3.1. I'm aiming to have it done before Candlekeep Mysteries hits this month. The stuff here is, aside from the bigger books, the quick hits. The bigger books like the Waterdeep adventures, GGtR, EGtW, and MOoT all need a bit more time in the oven before they're ready, but are all in some degree of progress.

EDIT: Everything's done! Gotta do some quality control reviews but I'm hoping I'll have this pushed for release by the weekend. Definitely aiming to have it out before the 16th, when Candlekeep Mysteries hits.

Spell Adjustments - 100%

Eberron (Wayfinder's Guide and Rising from the Last War)
  • Items - 100%
  • Languages - 100%
  • Monsters - 100%
  • Subraces (Aerini and Valenar Elves) - 100%
Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden
  • Charms - 100%
  • Items - 100%
  • Language - 100%
  • Monsters - 100%
  • Spells - 100%
Tasha's Cauldron of Everything
  • Items - 100%
  • Monsters - 100%
Adventures with Muk
  • Dankwood Goblin race - 100%
  • Monsters - 100%
Hunt for the Thessalhydra (Stranger Things)
  • Item - 100%
  • Monsters - 100%
Infernal Machine Rebuild
  • Items - 100%
  • Monsters - 100%
Locathah Rising
  • Monsters - 100%
Lost Library of Kwalish
  • Items - 100%
  • Monsters - 100%
  • Spells - 100%
Rick and Morty
  • Item - 100%
  • Monsters - 100%
Sapphire Anniversary Dice Set
  • Monster - 100%
The Tortle Package
  • Item - 100%
  • Monsters - 100%
Tomb of Annihilation
  • Charms - 100%
  • Yuan-Ti Transformation - 100%

There are a handful of other goodies and improvements coming too, and they'll be in the patch notes.

EDIT: FYI I'm updating this as I make progress.

Last edited by Fenris447; March 8th, 2021 at 06:44 AM.
Fenris447 is offline   #875 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old March 3rd, 2021, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris447 View Post
The Community Pack currently has all virtually all player options (races/subraces, classes/subclasses, backgrounds*, feats, supernatural gifts, variant class/race features, spells, etc.) The stuff that's missing is items and monsters from various sourcebooks dating back a few years. Also, we have patch notes on the GitHub that are a lot shorter than these 88 pages, in case you want to read through them.

Most of the outstanding stuff is currently in a WIP state in one form or another. I'm the only person currently working on stuff (that I know of), and I am tackling things in large batches; IE I have much of the basics of the uncompleted monsters and items built out. The remaining work for items is programming their specific functions, and the work left for the monsters is matching batch-created abilities to the specific monsters, creating the stock files, and tweaking them for anything else my batch processes didn't cover.

If you have an interest in working on something specific, let me know and I can upload the WIP version of it to a branch on the GitHub for you to pull down and have at it. We'd probably need to get together over Discord or something if you want to do monsters, so I can show you how they're currently set up and how to finish them off, since I don't want you to have to do some things that are already done. I'd be very happy to have help!

*With the exception of a few adventure-specific backgrounds, like Acquisitions, Inc. and Baldur's Gate. If anyone needs these, I can prioritize them for release.
I'll download the community pack and take a look at it. I'm willing to help anyway I can, but outside of the scripting, is there other code you have access to, you seem to imply that you do?

I've done all my own homebrew in 3.5E and worked a bit on the community scripts when I was active, but have since moved on to 5e, which I will homebrew as well. But most of 5E will remain intact, which is why I wondered what was available in it.

I'll let you know when and if I can put my hands into the mix. \
Kendall-DM is offline   #876 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old March 4th, 2021, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
I'll download the community pack and take a look at it. I'm willing to help anyway I can, but outside of the scripting, is there other code you have access to, you seem to imply that you do?
As I complete stuff, I add it to my own branch on the GitHub. Then, once a release is ready, all that gets moved into the main branch.

I don't have any of my WIP stuff up there, like the partially-completed monsters. But I can upload that stuff too, if you or anyone else wants to see or work on it.

Fenris447 is offline   #877 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old March 7th, 2021, 06:55 PM
I'm happy to report that 3.1 is prepping for release! See the Pending Changes page on the GitHub for a list of everything included. I have a bit of QC work to do before I ask for it to be pushed to everyone.

In the meantime, consider this the last call for Spell Adjustment suggestions. If there's something I overlooked, let me know so I can get it in. Keep in mind that anything that cna be done with an existing adjustment, like how Shield just gives you +5 to AC and we already have an AC bonus adjustment, are not worth making their own adjustmnet. Conversely, Barkskin sets your AC to a minimum of 16, which isn't something that can already be done by an existing adjustment. Hence it gets its own.

Release 3.2 is going to be pretty limited in focus, unless I find a bunch of spare time. I'm right now calling it "Candlekeep and Waterdeep," as those are my two main priorities for it. I.E. everything in Candlekeep Mysteries and everything from the two Waterdeep adventures. I have a lot of the baseline info done already for the Waterdeep items and monsters. I spent all day yesterday working on finishing the Eberron monsters and Tasha's items, so anothe day like that should be all it takes to blast through Waterdeep. As for Candlekeep, I've reviewed the table of contents that leaked online and saw it has 26 new stat blocks. No word on new items, but they'll be included too barring anything absolutely crazy.

And another apology from me: a few releases back, I tweaked the Wild Shape adjustment, as it was incorrectly throwing errors that prevented users from selecting it. Though I fixed that error, I think I also broke all the rest of its functionality. So I've fixed what I broke for 3.1. However, in reviewing it, I noticed that the adjustment doesn't quite accuratley apply the Wild Shape feature. Mainly, it's giving the Druid's proficiency bonus to the beast form's attacks, which is not how Wild Shape works. EDIT: I was going to put the fixed version into 3.2, but I had some time today so it's going to make it into 3.1 instead.

Last edited by Fenris447; March 8th, 2021 at 03:42 PM.
Fenris447 is offline   #878 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old March 8th, 2021, 04:17 PM
Release 3.1 - Monster Mash is ready to go! I've requested it be pushed to the update server, so you should see it soon. For a full overview of what's been added, check out the release notes.

By the numbers, here's what's been added to the pack:
  • 157 Monsters
  • 74 Items
  • 5 Spells
  • 1 Player Race (the Dankwood Goblin)
  • 4 Player Subraces (Aerini and Valenar high and wood elves)
  • 34 Adjustments, 19 of them Spell Adjustments
  • 15 Racial templates (for customizing generic humanoid stat blocks)
  • 6 Languages from Eberron, Icewind Dale, and Exandria
  • 32 Deities, the full Exandria Pantheon
  • 19 Charms & Supernatural Gifts

Altogether, this finished off all content from Eberron, Tasha's, Icewind Dale, two branded starter sets, and five Extra-Life adventures.

There's a lot more; Spell Adjustments that'll let players easily see how spells affect their characters, a dozen adjustments that let DM's easily tweak monsters, and several stat blocks from exisiting spells added to the Encounter Builder, so you can track your Animated Object or Tiny Servant like any other creature!

There's plenty more to do before we're caught up to all released 5e content. We're getting there, slowly but surely.

Last edited by Fenris447; March 8th, 2021 at 04:43 PM.
Fenris447 is offline   #879 Reply With Quote
ShadowRose

Old March 12th, 2021, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris447 View Post
Release 3.1 - Monster Mash is ready to go! I've requested it be pushed to the update server, so you should see it soon. For a full overview of what's been added, check out the release notes.
Any idea when the update will be pushed? I'm still not seeing it and I've got a session in a couple days, I'd love to have it loaded before then
ShadowRose is offline   #880 Reply With Quote