Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 1st Edition

Notices

Nightbringer

Old February 26th, 2021, 06:45 AM
The dice roller in the tactical console does not appear to make rolls to confirm critical hits. All it has is a checkbox, which adds the extra damage from a critical when the box is checked.

Am I missing something or is the dice roller using the PF2e system for crits instead of the PF1e system?
Nightbringer is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old February 26th, 2021, 12:16 PM
I think you roll the confirmation by clicking just the attack roll die for the specific attack. That's what I've been doing. It doesn't change the original damage roll.

If it's a confirmation, then you check the box, which just adds the additional die roll of damage and doubles the bonus.
mototom is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
dacoobob

Old March 1st, 2021, 05:15 AM
in PF1 you confirm crits by re-rolling the attack with the same modifiers. so it really doesn't need to be a separate button, just roll the same attack again.
dacoobob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Tamhansen

Old March 1st, 2021, 08:50 AM
But what if I have critical focus?
Tamhansen is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 1st, 2021, 09:25 AM
Yeah, this is something that we don't have yet. I'll check our feature requests and see if this is already there, and add it if it's not.
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old March 1st, 2021, 11:59 AM
I can see the value.

What we have now is still a big upgrade over HLC, where we couldn't roll specific attacks at all. You can roll the attacks in the iPad app, although I don't think it incorporates crit rolls or things like critical focus either.
mototom is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Nightbringer

Old March 7th, 2021, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Yeah, this is something that we don't have yet. I'll check our feature requests and see if this is already there, and add it if it's not.
Thank you.

The dice roller in HLC being unconnected to the Group it was never a big deal, but with HLO I may end up using the campaign manager and dice roller so it matters.

Roll20 does have separate rolls for crits that can be tweaked to add in things like Critical Focus and it would be a shame to have features missing in HLO.

Last edited by Nightbringer; March 7th, 2021 at 05:27 PM.
Nightbringer is offline   #7 Reply With Quote