Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Monteparnas

Old January 24th, 2021, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Racial specials are created in General -> Specials.
I'm quite dumb for some things, but at least I can do my little contributions. If it is ok to share my file here, I'll update when I have something interesting to add to the database or doubts on how to do something.

The Blackspawn is basically done. I have a little problem with the Web stating twice that it have 8 charges/day (it is saying (8/day) (DC 20) (8/day) (Ex)), but it is pretty minor. I would like to make the Spit Acid state the damage like the Web does for the DC, but it isn't a major concern, either.

Let me know how I can share my data to help.
Monteparnas is offline   #1111 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old January 25th, 2021, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteparnas View Post
I'm quite dumb for some things, but at least I can do my little contributions. If it is ok to share my file here, I'll update when I have something interesting to add to the database or doubts on how to do something.

The Blackspawn is basically done. I have a little problem with the Web stating twice that it have 8 charges/day (it is saying (8/day) (DC 20) (8/day) (Ex)), but it is pretty minor. I would like to make the Spit Acid state the damage like the Web does for the DC, but it isn't a major concern, either.

Let me know how I can share my data to help.
For the time being, please create a new thread and attach the user file there. Also please provide a list of items that need to be looked at such as the one above.

Thanks.

Check that. Please drop your files into this thread: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=65384
Sendric is offline   #1112 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf

Old March 5th, 2021, 01:09 AM
Been trying to figure out how to keep the Ex special abilities when adding a skeletal template while deactivating the rest but can't seem to come up with the right generic script. Been working on this for the Skeletal Dragon and Zombie Dragon templates.

So I think that I came up with an option that will be a great work around. I'm going to start working to get the actual idea put in and let you know how it goes. But it will be a lot of work.
Bloodwolf is offline   #1113 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 5th, 2021, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwolf View Post
Been trying to figure out how to keep the Ex special abilities when adding a skeletal template while deactivating the rest but can't seem to come up with the right generic script. Been working on this for the Skeletal Dragon and Zombie Dragon templates.

So I think that I came up with an option that will be a great work around. I'm going to start working to get the actual idea put in and let you know how it goes. But it will be a lot of work.
Have you looked at the current Skeleton template in MM1?

Code:
~ Go through all type specials and feats and assign a tag to disable them.
  foreach pick in hero from BaseSpec where "!SpecSource.Undead & !SpecSource.Skeleton & !thingid.fSimple"
     perform each.assign[Helper.SpcDisable]
   nexteach
You can modify the above to get what you need. Look for a generic tag on Ex abilities and put that in between the "" in the first line.
Sendric is offline   #1114 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf

Old March 5th, 2021, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Have you looked at the current Skeleton template in MM1?

Code:
~ Go through all type specials and feats and assign a tag to disable them.
  foreach pick in hero from BaseSpec where "!SpecSource.Undead & !SpecSource.Skeleton & !thingid.fSimple"
   nexteach
You can modify the above to get what you need. Look for a generic tag on Ex abilities and put that in between the "" in the first line.
OK. I'm not wrapping my head around it for some reason. I've seen that script and it disables all special abilities for a skeleton. For some reason it just isn't clicking how to make it go from all special abilities to just Supernatural and Spell Like abilities while leaving the Extra abilities active.

My work around was to let it disable all of them and then bring them back through an adjustment category that would let you pick the base dragon type. Crude and extra work but doable.
Bloodwolf is offline   #1115 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 6th, 2021, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwolf View Post
OK. I'm not wrapping my head around it for some reason. I've seen that script and it disables all special abilities for a skeleton. For some reason it just isn't clicking how to make it go from all special abilities to just Supernatural and Spell Like abilities while leaving the Extra abilities active.

My work around was to let it disable all of them and then bring them back through an adjustment category that would let you pick the base dragon type. Crude and extra work but doable.
foreach loops search through all things from a component and then do something to them. The where "" can further define the search. So, using the example above, I'll go through piece by piece:

This searches for all the things on the hero that are specials (BaseSpec is a component tag).

Code:
foreach pick in hero from BaseSpec
It further reduces the list by ignoring those with certain tags as indicated with a "!"

Code:
 where "!SpecSource.Undead & !SpecSource.Skeleton & !thingid.fSimple"
then assigns a tag to each thing found to fit the criteria and exits:
Code:
   nexteach
The piece you'll be most interested in is the where "" section. You'll want to include the tag that appears on things with "Ex" with a "!" in front of it. Off the top of my head, it might look something like:

Code:
where "!AbilType.Extra"
Sendric is offline   #1116 Reply With Quote
VampSnowWhite

Old April 24th, 2021, 08:57 PM
Hi, I've been searching through the forums and haven't found an answer. Did anyone ever make the Lasher prestige class from Sword and Fist? If so, where can I find it?
VampSnowWhite is offline   #1117 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old April 27th, 2021, 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VampSnowWhite View Post
Hi, I've been searching through the forums and haven't found an answer. Did anyone ever make the Lasher prestige class from Sword and Fist? If so, where can I find it?
No - not much was added for Sword and Fist. The only classes done are Devoted Defender, Fist of Hextor, Ghoastwalker & Gladiator.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #1118 Reply With Quote
Illyahr

Old April 27th, 2021, 05:04 AM
A lot of Sword and Fist was updated to 3.5 and reprinted in other books so not much still remains. If you'd like, you can put it in my Request thread and I'll put it on my to-do list

I have a Patreon and PayPal. Donations are appreciated but are not mandatory. They are only to show support while I program stuff.
Illyahr is offline   #1119 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old July 11th, 2021, 02:09 AM
I was checking out the Advanced Bestiary and it seems there is only one template of that book included. Does anyone have more of them done?
Provos is offline   #1120 Reply With Quote