Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

MarcelGM

Old February 26th, 2021, 06:58 AM
Is it possible to implement just a blank character sheet we could fill in?

I'm trying to think of an easy way to just put in info for the pen and paper characters I made for the playtest as well as the Legendary Games classes characters that may never make it into HLO.

I guess the goal is just want to have all characters in HLO and maybe print it out. Even if the sheet doesn't update or do any math is just filled in manually
MarcelGM is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old February 26th, 2021, 12:11 PM
Is this for you as a GM or you as a player? As a GM, you can use the stand-in in Campaign Theater to accomplish what you want, I think.
mototom is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
WatersLethe

Old February 26th, 2021, 12:13 PM
At first I thought you meant, like, just a paper printout that was blank and I was wondering why you didn't just use an official paizo printout. Now that I understand you mean a manually fillable herolab sheet, I agree that would be a nice feature to have.

A "dumb" herolab online character sheet would be handy for custom content that we can't add to Herolab in a smart capacity, but still want to be viewable from the campaign theater.

I don't know if they'd ever do that though, it could mean a fair bit of material stored on their servers which might run into their current issues with implementing custom content to begin with (as I understand it, they have some concerns about having custom content stored reliably)
WatersLethe is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 26th, 2021, 12:23 PM
This is what we added the Stand-In option for, so that users could enter just enough information to make use of the character in HLO's combat environment, but the player was playing from their own character.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
MarcelGM

Old March 1st, 2021, 06:09 AM
Yeah as a GM I've got stand in characters for players that don't use HLO which works perfectly fine.

I thought a non calculating character sheet would be cool as I created a playtest character Inventor as well as two other third party classes which I have handwritten on a a paper character sheet, tablet pdf and also in OneNote. Just figured it would be cool to have those characters centralized and viewable in HLO.
Tried some other digital character sheets and tools but they're not good
MarcelGM is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old March 1st, 2021, 08:29 AM
HLO actually supported the Playtest, but I don't see any way to access that rules system anymore.
mototom is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
MarcelGM

Old March 1st, 2021, 10:20 AM
They supported the PF2 playtest but not the recent Secrets of Magic or Guns and Gears playtests. Which is fine. I'm sure everyone would love to have that stuff available to play around with but I think we'd much rather see the remaining AP, modules and latest official books added instead
MarcelGM is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old March 1st, 2021, 11:54 AM
Oh, got it. I missed that we were talking about the new playtests.
mototom is offline   #8 Reply With Quote