Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - World of Darkness

Notices

cgibboney

Old September 17th, 2019, 07:16 AM
How does one get this?
cgibboney is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old September 18th, 2019, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgibboney View Post
How does one get this?
It isn't available. Read RavenX's signature.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 27th, 2019, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgibboney View Post
How does one get this?
You don't. Period. White Wolf told me I couldn't distribute the data file. Unless they change their minds I won't be sharing it.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
Luirru

Old March 25th, 2020, 07:38 PM
Would it not be similar to the community files for D&D?

In brightest day, in blackest night
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil's might
Beware my power, Green Lantern's light!
Luirru is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 9th, 2020, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luirru View Post
Would it not be similar to the community files for D&D?
Uh, no. It isn't. The parent company for White Wolf has told me directly that I am not to distribute the data files I create to the community. There is no Open Game License for their materials.

Even if there was, the "kind" people, and I use this term very loosely, over at Onyx Path Publishing who actually write the books for Paradox Interactive managed to tick me off so bad I haven't purchased a single product of theirs in a long time and it is veryyyyyyyyyyyyyy doubtful I will be purchasing anything from them ever again. I won't go into details but on "their" forums I asked for clarification on something in Exalted and got a 2 year ban with no reason other than the moderator didn't like me asking. Since then I have not given a damn for their products and will not support them. Sorry. If you want the data you'll have to learn to code it yourself, "For personal use only" since you're not allowed to distribute it without Paradox Interactive giving you a green light or OGL.

D&D 5e was not supported by Lone Wolf Development initially. 5e was on the shelf until the OGL was announced. Unless there is some kind of open license for a game system you can't distribute data files for it without drawing the potential for lawsuits against you and cease and desist orders for distributing the files in the first place. I have no intention of drawing such ire from a company that has earned my ire. I am done with White Wolf for good at this point.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
Luirru

Old November 12th, 2020, 08:01 PM
Holy crud dude, I am so sorry to hear about all of that. I am trying to find a way to do it but am having no luck whatsoever on it :S That is what I get for learning financial info instead of coding. I will continue to work on it though and am glad to hear SOMEONE has done it, even though I understand why you cannot send out info to anyone and I am not asking for that.

In brightest day, in blackest night
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil's might
Beware my power, Green Lantern's light!
Luirru is offline   #36 Reply With Quote