Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which game systems would you most like to see supported by Hero Lab?
RIFTS 75 21.01%
Rogue Trader 84 23.53%
Scion 63 17.65%
Shadowrun 138 38.66%
Song of Ice & Fire 54 15.13%
True20 46 12.89%
UniSystem (Buffy & Conspiracy X RPG) 40 11.20%
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 78 21.85%
WoD: Hunter 71 19.89%
WoD: Mage 89 24.93%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 357. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Spikey

Old September 3rd, 2010, 04:38 AM
That sound slike a good idea. I don't play Exalted either but have heard that the systems are similar. I guess if you focussed on the ability to track all the interrelated aspects of Scion (and from what I hear, Exalted) a Scion license for HeroLab would be a reasonable bet at being popular (and thus hopefully making Wolf lair a few spondooliks). Scion players seem to learn to accept that you will forget to add or subtract modifiers for rolls at least some of the time (much more often than in any of the other games I've played in the last 25 years) simply because of the way the game works. Character creation isn't exactly smooth sailing either, a little computerised 'keeping track' would make that a more satisfying event.

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible.
- Bertrand Russell
Spikey is offline   #41
Diceman

Old November 3rd, 2010, 05:53 PM
I know it is technically a dead system now but no Star Wars Saga? That's one my friends and I are playing right now.
Diceman is offline   #42
FifthWanderer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 4th, 2010, 05:37 AM
Star Wars Saga has been brought up before. My understanding is that the license fees from Lucasarts would be prohibitive.
FifthWanderer is offline   #43
BPIJonathan

Old November 5th, 2010, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozchandler View Post
i'd also like to see d20 modern included
I would do the work for this myself if I could figure out how to get to the editing tools. :-)

Jonathan M. Thompson
Battlefield Press International | thompsonjm (at) gmail (dot) com | "Imagination will take us to worlds that never where. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
BPIJonathan is offline   #44
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 5th, 2010, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPIJonathan View Post
I would do the work for this myself if I could figure out how to get to the editing tools. :-)
The Authoring Kit is a game system available for purchase as seen with the rest. I will warn you that at one point I asked Rob if anyone had ever released a completed game system as a fan and he couldn't think of any cases. It's a pretty intensive effort, and most people fizzle out after doing the basics.
Duggan is offline   #45
BPIJonathan

Old November 5th, 2010, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
The Authoring Kit is a game system available for purchase as seen with the rest. I will warn you that at one point I asked Rob if anyone had ever released a completed game system as a fan and he couldn't think of any cases. It's a pretty intensive effort, and most people fizzle out after doing the basics.
Its not like I dont have an ulterior motive involved as well, as the author/publisher of Gaslight Victorian Fantasy I want HL to support that (both the OGL and the SW versions), so I am interested in learning it as more than a fan. Also as far as d20Modern is concerned, I am the content developer for Amarillo Design Bureau's Prime Directive PD20M, so again my development would be for non altruistic reasons. I know that for me this will take awhile, since I wont be devoting 100% of my time to it, I have a company to run and stuff to write, along with my personal life.

Jonathan M. Thompson
Battlefield Press International | thompsonjm (at) gmail (dot) com | "Imagination will take us to worlds that never where. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan

Last edited by BPIJonathan; November 5th, 2010 at 09:49 AM.
BPIJonathan is offline   #46
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 5th, 2010, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPIJonathan View Post
You can play around with the Authoring Kit in demo mode. The only restrictions on the Kit are the same as for any other game system - no printing or saving of portfolios. That means you can fully utilize the Kit for creating your own game system until you reach the point where saving/printing portfolios becomes important. That's not until a good bit into the development process.
rob is offline   #47
BPIJonathan

Old November 6th, 2010, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
You can play around with the Authoring Kit in demo mode. The only restrictions on the Kit are the same as for any other game system - no printing or saving of portfolios. That means you can fully utilize the Kit for creating your own game system until you reach the point where saving/printing portfolios becomes important. That's not until a good bit into the development process.
It seems I already own the authoring kit, seems I purchased it in a 4e/Savage Worlds/Authoring Kit module. I bought it so long ago that I had forgotten.

Jonathan M. Thompson
BPIJonathan is offline   #48
Sketchpad

Old March 17th, 2011, 10:13 AM
I was working on my Starblazer Adventures campaign and was wondering if anyone has worked on a data set or if LW had considered making a Starblazer Adventures/Legends of Anglerre/Spirit of the Century/FATE data set for HeroLab?

DT Butchino | Writer, Illustrator, Designer
DeviantArt|Facebook|Twitter
Sketchpad is offline   #49
MPHopcroft

Send a message via AIM to MPHopcroft Send a message via MSN to MPHopcroft Send a message via Yahoo to MPHopcroft

Old May 27th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketchpad View Post
I was working on my Starblazer Adventures campaign and was wondering if anyone has worked on a data set or if LW had considered making a Starblazer Adventures/Legends of Anglerre/Spirit of the Century/FATE data set for HeroLab?
I just mentioned that, oddly enough, in the other thread (last I heard FATE began with the letter F).

Did anything ever happen with the proposed RuneQuest license? Somehow I don't think it'll ever happen now.
MPHopcroft is offline   #50
Closed Thread